Benefit of working with a 43'' monitor

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure that there are high DPI monitors at that size.
There aren't, and they would be prohibitively expensive if they were hence my comment which was meant to imply that while I like the size I would not sacrifice the higher resolution which I find a lot easier to work with for extended periods of time.

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User

Derek Johnson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've just connected an old 32" TV to the HDMI port on my graphics card. The resolution isn't as good as the main screen but it's great for following instructions on one side angle working on the other screen.

Jarek I&Q

Licensed User
Yeah, it's true what Agraham said.
Erel, your monitor divided into four equal parts, displays the same as four monitors with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels - this is not a clear picture.
With such a large screen you can see huge pixels. For many people this is unacceptable.
Unfortunately, we have to wait for the development of technology (8K+) or have several 4K monitors.

Kiffi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Me meanwhile in my office:

giphy.gif

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, your monitor divided into four equal parts, displays the same as four monitors with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels - this is not a clear picture.
It looks good to me.
The numbers you've posted are meaningless without the physical size or scale.

Its PPI is 103.6 (source: https://pixensity.com/list/dell-p4317q-9125/)
Haven't researched it too much but it seems to be similar to most non-hidpi monitors. This is not a laptop monitor where you sit very closely. It is a 43'' monitor.

Danamo

Licensed User
I have a 4K, 55-inch monitor mounted on the wall about 8 feet away from my easy-chair. From my chair, with the big monitor and with a wireless mouse and a keyboard with an extended cable (too many dropouts with wireless keyboards) I can use my desktop as a laptop. I'm handicapped and can't sit in a regular office chair at a desk, plus my desktop machine is much more powerful than any of my laptops. So it's like I have super laptop. (Except it's not portable, of course :)

At the 8 foot distance from the wall, 2560 X 1440 pixels is the highest resolution at which I can still read text on the screen, but that gives me quite a bit of real estate to work with - with room for numerous open windows.

SeaBee

Licensed User
I have three 17" 1080p monitors, one on the laptop, and one either side. I also have a backup laptop with a rather nice 18.5" 1080p which I would like to use just for the web when I am working, but for that I would need a bigger desk, and for that I would need a bigger office, and for that I would need a bigger house... and I live on a small island... :D