Android Question candy crush type

CurtisC

Licensed User
Longtime User
What would be the best view to create a candy crush type game where the entire row or column of symbols are slid by touch. Slid in either direction (up or down , left or right) with endless rotation meaning the symbols just wrap around and repeat as long as touch continues. The field area would be 8 symbols across and 8 symbols down.

CurtisC

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel GameView and especially Scroll Coins, the exact answer I needed.

I am stepping through ScrollingCoins (1 - B4A) line by line to fully understand the program and view. I am having 2 problems I am hoping you can provide some guidance.

1) Once the touch is removed the current move is complete and any additional moves need to be momentarily prevented. I have tried to disable at the end of HandleTouch and also under activity.ACTION_UP in gv_Touch. In both cases touch is disabled but before the move is complete, the touch screen is disabled while the screen is still being touched. If these are not the right locations then what position is then correct position in the code?

2) How can the coin positions be tracked? The moved row or column is available but not the number of positions moved on that row or column. I have not found anywhere to grab the x or y begin and end points, or x y grid positions. Nothing to indicate where to return the coins if needed. Visually the proper return would be replicating the initial move in the exact reverse. I can not see any way to determine the move information I need.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you should not disable the touch or your move will probably end at once aswell.

you just need to now the start press and release positions to figure out the direction and first touched item.

Upvote 0