[Chargeable] MSMariaDB - Another connector to MySQL

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not need actually for production app like google play...
but for custom app.. (for thousand users - yes - but not for millions)...

My app is something like gps/vehicle tracking and for now i am using php and asp solutions - i want to change because i want to upload pictures + small audio files and my asp/php code not the faster... This database will be used from 300 vehicle/users the same time every 3 seconds asychronous ofcourse...

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i think it is one of the fastest.

I don't suggest to use it in a production app as you need to store the database credentials in the App. No.

Now that depends on your point of view. I use this in bespoke production apps for clients. Only the firms I create the apps for use the apps, for example delivery firm with signature tracking, ware houses for stock control, invoice systems whilst on the move etc. None of the bespoke apps that I've created for clients are on the Play Store, only I and my clients have the database information, and in most cases just me as in most cases my the databases are held on my own personal online server (not a shared server)

To tell you the trust, if hackers can get into Google, IBM, the pentagon, Apple, Microsoft, Twitter, WhatsApp etc, then what chance do we stand.

Anyway no, I only use this great library, my bespoke MySQL apps are for myself and my clients only, not for the Play Store, it's more than secure enough IMO ;)

Not need actually for production app like google play...
but for custom app.

It's fine for that, but as I said previously, each to their own @Magma

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good to know... Are you happy with the speed of library ?

I am gonna try it!

Now that depends on your point of view. I use this in bespoke production apps for clients. Only the firms I create the apps for use the apps, for example delivery firm with signature tracking, ware houses for stock control, invoice systems whilst on the move etc. None of the bespoke apps that I've created for clients are on the Play Store, only I and my clients have the database information, and in most cases just me as in most cases my the databases are held on my own personal online server (not a shared server)

To tell you the trust, if hackers can get into Google, IBM, the pentagon, Apple, Microsoft, Twitter, WhatsApp etc, then what chance do we stand.

Anyway no, I only use this great library, my bespoke MySQL apps are for myself and my clients only, not for the Play Store, it's more than secure enough IMO ;)

It's fine for that, but as I said previously, each to their own @Magma

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good to know... Are you happy with the speed of library ?

I am gonna try it!

I'm personally more than happy with the speed of this library by @DonManfred. But more importantly than that is that my clients are more than happy with the speed of the library and my apps. Even the delivery firm that I did an app for are happy, and their devices are mobile and are running on 4G. That particular MySQL database caters for Android devices and Windows desktop machines.

Just remember to optimise your code when populating whatever grids/gridviews you are using. This library may be fast but populating grids need to be done correctly to keep things nice and fast...

tigrot

Licensed User
Longtime User
It works! I close connection every transaction end and reopen it when I need another transaction. The load on server is very little allowing a large number of clients to efficiently connect.
I never store the account info in app. I have a little php script which sends the info when needed in crypted format. The info is kept in RAM and decrypted when I need to connect. This allows to move the DB simply from server to server with no app change and it's very hard to discover DB info.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am getting this :
Sub NOT FOUND: 'mysql_status
not Connected to Database

Maybe didn;t understand well.. i am using the following to connect:

Sub Process_Globals
'These global variables will be declared once when the application starts.
'These variables can be accessed from all modules.
Dim db As MSMaria
end sub

and at activity_create :

db.Initialize("MySQL","192.168.168.3:3036","root","mypass","nameofdatabase") 'MySQL is just a name for sub i believe...

Sub testButton1_Click
db.ExecuteASync("INSERT INTO tracking SET carid='" & carid & "', lat=11, lng=22, speed=33;","")
'tracking is a name of table...
End Sub

Where am i wrong ?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Where am i wrong ?
1. start with creating a NEW threwad in the QUESTIONS forum (for each question).
2. Add the missing event (see example; the Event is included)

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. start with creating a NEW threwad in the QUESTIONS forum (for each question).
2. Add the missing event (see example; the Event is included)

Ok i was hopping getting help here because was for MSMariadb tutorial...

I am gonna open a new thread.. thanks