B4X Open Source Software (B.O.S.S.)

Do you want to contribute/participate ?

• Not good for B4X, such a move... (explain why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What is B.O.S.S. ?
B4X Open Source Software is just a “company” for friends-members (team) of B4X Forum. Team started Development in Sep, 2023

Scope – Mission
Our scope is to create “software” and “source code” will help B4X to be the 1st Development Tool. We share our knowledge, we help each other, we fix problems - we see at “our” code. We share our code to all Members of B.O.S.S.

Is B.O.S.S. paying the Members ?
B.O.S.S. not paying the “company” friends… but the company members can create “extra” apps and source code (not free) add-ons/plug-ins for "B.O.S.S. free products – source code".

Okay I am in, what I need to do ?
For start, share your ideas in public or with our group. Need to be licensed member of B4X (contribute some $$$ at Anywhere Software to get that label). You must write some code for your ideas and then must add it into our code (that will be your code too). Need to have some time (something we haven’t). We are going to contact you with PM to talk about it.

Okay great… but I don’t want to be programmer, I just want to help with money…
No problem, money needed for Hardware, sometimes for Software tools or subscriptions (Antivirus, office, google account, etc), but most important we need a lot of Coffee, and why not - sometimes gifts are welcome…

Here our first plans… what is coming…
We hope soon to create the B4XDesigner… will be used for next steps, apps:
  • B4XDesigner (a Drag n Drop Designer like Vb6, not only for creating b4x apps… but may be creating reports and web apps too in future) – will Generate code in all B4X (b4i, b4a, b4j) (Free Tool for All - not open source code)
  • Invoice – ERP Software (Open Source Code) – Let’s use B4X to create business products but with the help of B4XDesigner.
Is B4XDesigner Open Source Code ?
No it is not… will be Free for all (public, world), for use. If you want source code of this – you must write some lines of codes we need and contribute with a lot time. We can talk about it.. what we need and what you can do…

Members Started it (position is just sorted alphabetic):
Aeric, Jahswant, Magma

New Members "already contributing" on projects: Alexander Stolte, Cableguy, JakeBullet70, OliverA, walterf25, zed, [your name] ...

Problems having as B.O.S.S. – right now: No time, always busy with real life problems.

We need your help...

ps: next post will be a post of pre-previewing B4XDesigner... and our problems

Last edited:

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That would solve another problem of mine... That I don't feel like maintaining everything in 3 Designers when I only use B4X views anyway
ofcourse we have a long road to that :)... But that is a good reason to be member of the team :)

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm thinking about it, I actually have enough projects in development 😅
There is no clock ticking... and is something we need a lot of members... it is difficult because of other projects all we (or we all - bad english) creating...

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Eager and curious to see its new features as I think the current B4X RAD IDE is already very fine for drop and drag GUI design with one-click event editor.
Yes it is... but sometimes need to preview... the same time you drag n drop... and edit the controls...

Also B4XDesigner add some features vb6-like with Data Table, Fields the time of designing... for business app creating.

Not saying more...

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just a thought:
But then we would also have the possibility to show a live preview in the designer so that we can see custom views already at design time how they will look on the device...

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just a thought:
But then we would also have the possibility to show a live preview in the designer so that we can see custom views already at design time how they will look on the device...
Well, we are in B4J level at the moment... and live preview may be working for pc - not know if will be possible for b4a...

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Aeric, Jahswant, Magma
This is very interesting, and also very tempting...

I have one questions though...
2 case Scenarios:
1 - I have one Idea for an app, but I want it to be a paid app... but I can't get it done alone... Could B.O.S.S. assist, and how would that affect the "paid" aspect of the app?
2 - The "paid" add-on that you've talked about, will they be "propietary" of the B.O.S.S. team, or of the dev(s) that created the add-on?

Also, I don't consider myself a developers, but I could join in mainly as "Bug-Hunter" and as "feature counselor", if my profile is of any interest of course

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Aeric, Jahswant, Magma
This is very interesting, and also very tempting...

I have one questions though...
2 case Scenarios:
1 - I have one Idea for an app, but I want it to be a paid app... but I can't get it done alone... Could B.O.S.S. assist, and how would that affect the "paid" aspect of the app?
2 - The "paid" add-on that you've talked about, will they be "propietary" of the B.O.S.S. team, or of the dev(s) that created the add-on?

Also, I don't consider myself a developers, but I could join in mainly as "Bug-Hunter" and as "feature counselor", if my profile is of any interest of course
1. ofcourse anyone can use for free the b4xdesigner like b4x too (need to pay for b4i)
2. The add-ons will be extra money for the programmers of it (no need to pay anything to BOSS, BOSS will create only open source - but b4xdesigner will not be an open source)

we need bug-testers and anyone can bring us job... but if not developing not getting the source-code of b4xdesigner :) - sorry - (only the executable tool)

Last edited:

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also see other guys want to join us...

@Cableguy
@eljare24 (seems not licensed user - must have "license to kill") :cool:
@Xfood

we are going to discuss PM (as we did with Alexander)...

We need... more "hands"... we need you...

Last edited: