Android Question Connect tablet to phone for calls

Fulvio75

Licensed User
Hello everyone, I would like to develop an application to connect a tablet without a SIM card to my phone to make and receive calls, import contacts and have the voice function to make calls all via Bluetooth is there an example on how to do this?
Thank

Fulvio75

Licensed User
Most of the features mentioned are impossible to implement with an app. You don't have access to the call audio.
Ok thanks, I've seen some apps that do this, there are tablets that have apps that connect it to a phone via Bluetooth and bring up the keypad to make calls and also synchronize contacts, I wondered if it could also be done with b4a. So are these apps an integral part of the phone's OS

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an unusual, at least in the UK, Panasonic KX-TGH260 DECT wireless phone system with three wireless handsets. The base station doesn't connect to a landline but connects to my Pixel 4a by Bluetooth. There is no special app on the phone, it is just paired as usual with the base station. All the the DECT phones can make and receive calls and give notification of incoming texts. It seems this capability is standard on Android Bluetooth implementations so theoretically I would have thought a tablet could connect to the phone by Bluetooth and do what my base station does - but I have no idea how to implement it.

Upvote 0

Fulvio75

Licensed User
I have an unusual, at least in the UK, Panasonic KX-TGH260 DECT wireless phone system with three wireless handsets. The base station doesn't connect to a landline but connects to my Pixel 4a by Bluetooth. There is no special app on the phone, it is just paired as usual with the base station. All the the DECT phones can make and receive calls and give notification of incoming texts. It seems this capability is standard on Android Bluetooth implementations so theoretically I would have thought a tablet could connect to the phone by Bluetooth and do what my base station does - but I have no idea how to implement it.
That's exactly what I would like to do, for example a normal android auto box does it, it has an app that connected via BT to a phone, allows you to make and receive calls

Upvote 0