Android Question Converting project from B4A V1.8 to V8.5

AndyUK

Licensed User
I have corrected the errors in my friends project and it now compiles without errors but presume updating his project which was V1.8 to latest may be the reason when using the Bridge tool app (I installed latest version) it fails to install with the helpful error ”Application not Installed”. I have checked and my tablet is running Android 2.2, can I change a setting on B4A to create a compatible version? I have tried changing minSdkVersion to 5 but not sure what the value should be for Android 2.2, can anybody offer any help please?

AndyUK

Licensed User
Hi Klaus and thanks for the very quick response. I don't have an old version of B4A just the project files from my friend.

Upvote 0

AndyUK

Licensed User
That's what I meant.
Sorry Klaus I misunderstood. Yes I have now un-installed my friends app (which had the same file name) and the updated version of his project now installs fine using b4a_bridge app so thanks for your help. One small point, I cannot find the app on the tablet so I can launch it.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One small point, I cannot find the app on the tablet so I can launch it.
Strange !?
Did you compile it in Release mode?
Otherwise it will wait for the debugger when launch it after having closed B4ABridge.
You must find it on the tablet!

Upvote 0

AndyUK

Licensed User
Strange !?
Did you compile it in Release mode?
Otherwise it will wait for the debugger when launch it after having closed B4ABridge.
You must find it on the tablet!
Yes I tried both Release and Debug (which starts to launch then shuts down).

If I uninstall B4A Example app and send my app (with different name) my app launches with no overwrite warning, if I resend my app I get overwrite warning and all seems fine. If I launch settings > Applications > Manage applications B4A Example app is list but I cannot find it on device.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge but I have only programmed Mac/iPhone apps previously.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What name do you have here, on top of the IDE?

upload_2018-10-7_19-0-30.png

If you have B4A Example, change it with a meaningful name for your application, you will then find the application on the Tablet with a B4A icon, if you haven't changed it, and with this name.

You might also change the in BuildConfiguration:

upload_2018-10-7_19-3-2.png

upload_2018-10-7_19-4-7.png

Replace b4a.example by b4a.yourapplicationname.
Replace yourapplicationname by the name you entered on top of the IDE.

Remind:
Debug mode only for developpment
Release mode when the application is finished.

Upvote 0

AndyUK

Licensed User
What name do you have here, on top of the IDE?

View attachment 72981
If you have B4A Example, change it with a meaningful name for your application, you will then find the application on the Tablet with a B4A icon, if you haven't changed it, and with this name.

You might also change the in BuildConfiguration:

View attachment 72982

View attachment 72983

Replace b4a.example by b4a.yourapplicationname.
Replace yourapplicationname by the name you entered on top of the IDE.

Remind:
Debug mode only for developpment
Release mode when the application is finished.

Thank you so much Klaus for all your help and solution. When I opened the project initially and had compiling errors the code you refer to Regional Project Attributes were in red which I believed were errors so commented them out! Undoing that has of course cured the problem, so thanks again. This then poses a question - why are they red?

Andrew

Upvote 0