Share My Creation Cuppy Framework - B4J Material Design User Interface Views

Long ago, I wrote this post and a lot of people did show interest in my framework:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/who-is-up-to-join-me-in-my-b4j-framework-creation.94867/

well for this Friday special i am happy to say i am releasing the free beta version of Cuppy Framework
please note that the core Cuppy Framework is a donationware .

Cuppy Framework.jpeg

Cuppy Framework enables developers to design applications faster and also create the functionality of the app.

It comes with an inbuilt theme manager which enables you to change how your application user interface looks globally with a single line of code !

You can view some apps samples created with Cuppy Framework :

Currently some of the features that are implemented are

Controls and GUI

• Material Button
  • Material App Bar
  • Material Divider
  • Material FAB (floating action button)
  • Material Card
  • Material Checkbox
  • Material Label
  • Material Linear progress bar
  • Material Radio box
  • Material Switch
  • Material Square FAB (floating action button)
  • Modal Box
  • Dancing Bar Pre-Loader
  • Metro Circle Toggle Button
  • Metro Link Label
  • Metro Toggle Button
UTILITIES
  • String Utilities
  • Data Generator Utilities
  • Math Utilities
  • Data Types Utilities
  • App Utilities
  • Controls Utilities
  • File and Directory Utilities
Extras
  • Inbuilt Material Design Themes
  • Style Manager
NOTE: Cuppy Framework controls/views are all native based and not web view based with an exception to Cuppy Web Plugins which are powered by a web view engine.

You can read more about Cuppy Framework here: http://punchlinetech.com/product/cuppy-framework-free/

Download Cuppy Framework here

Attachments

• Sample Cuppy Apps - 3 in one.zip
    75.2 KB · Views: 609
Last edited:

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would greatly suggest that you do a video just as an example of how one can create a ux using Cuppy Framework and the b4j visual designer. I think it will help us understand more of what this is about, even if it’s just a few controls as per your ‘who wants to join me...’ post?

Congratulations are in order.

FrostCodes

Licensed User
I would greatly suggest that you do a video just as an example of how one can create a ux using Cuppy Framework and the b4j visual designer. I think it will help us understand more of what this is about, even if it’s just a few controls as per your ‘who wants to join me...’ post?

Congratulations are in order.

Alright man! I also considered doing that and now you mentioned it i would make some sample apps and release the source code and also a video

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
For your work, promise and to help you need, i donate a right donation.
Best regards

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice examples..

1. Try and avail possibility of developers to set properties for controls via the designer property bags. Then your lib can read and apply those properties inside the custom view.
2. Instead of passing string RGB, b4j has a color picker control and this is accessible via the fx component, perhaps you can look at that also.
3. Can you create an example that can speak to getting and setting values to your controls? Its fine with the B4J text controls, you have your own checkboxes, labels, buttons etc.
4. Hows does one incorporate material / font awersome icons to your controls?
5. How does the web plugin functionality work?

Ta!

FrostCodes

Licensed User
Nice examples..

1. Try and avail possibility of developers to set properties for controls via the designer property bags. Then your lib can read and apply those properties inside the custom view.
2. Instead of passing string RGB, b4j has a color picker control and this is accessible via the fx component, perhaps you can look at that also.
3. Can you create an example that can speak to getting and setting values to your controls? Its fine with the B4J text controls, you have your own checkboxes, labels, buttons etc.
4. Hows does one incorporate material / font awersome icons to your controls?
5. How does the web plugin functionality work?

Ta!

Thank for the suggestions , also I am working on a instructional video.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice one, probably need a way to remove the window "box" to make the form have a material feel. Otherwise this is a good shot. Have you thought of working on a sidebar for the menu button on the left?

Try and have component properties set in the property bag otherwise you are opening up a steep learning curve here. I would like to concentrate on my app functionality than having to worry about the designs, thus the need to make designing easier and smooth.

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try and have component properties set in the property bag otherwise you are opening up a steep learning curve here. I would like to concentrate on my app functionality than having to worry about the designs, thus the need to make designing easier and smooth.
Exact.
The framework promises
but you have to adjust the properties of your controls as they say Mashiane and improve them.
For example (just one), the CFMaterialCard control is unusable immediately, you need to create labels or images and add them to the pane (InnerCard).
This must already be pre-packaged

roberto64

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi, downloading the example would not find
B4X:
"Private CFModal1 As CFModal"

FrostCodes

Licensed User
hi, downloading the example would not find
B4X:
"Private CFModal1 As CFModal"

Hi, that feature is only available for the people who donated. When you donate, i would send you a new library that as all the features.

The features missing in the free version are:
  • CFBarPreLoader
  • CFMaterialCheckBox
  • CFMaterialLinearProgressBar
  • CFModal
  • The Gray , Dark, Purple, Pink and Amber Themes. There are 2 free professional themes: Blue and Teal

Every other feature can be used freely!

Last edited:

DMW

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
After walking through the buying process I get a link for downloading but it does not work.
When I try via my account I get the same result.