Android Question Custom Grid View from SQL image (blob)

Matteo Granatiero

Licensed User
I see this Custom Grid View Example and Library , I tried to connect through the Sql Database Cursor.Getstring but without success. For ListView I used this :
B4X:
Cursor1 = SQL1.ExecQuery2("SELECT * FROM Vestiti WHERE Categoria = ? ORDER BY rowid DESC", Array As String("T-shirts"))
For i=0 To Cursor1.RowCount-1

Cursor1.Position=i

Dim Buffer() As Byte
        Buffer = Cursor1.GetBlob("Immagine")
        Dim InputStream1 As InputStream
        InputStream1.InitializeFromBytesArray(Buffer, 0, Buffer.Length)
        Dim Bitmap1 As Bitmap
        Bitmap1.Initialize2(InputStream1)
        InputStream1.Close

ListView1.AddTwoLinesAndBitmap(Cursor1.GetString("Identificativo"),"",Bitmap1)

Next

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried to connect through the Sql Database Cursor.Getstring but without success

You encountered an Error ? ... What was the error message? ... How is this problem related to CustomGridView ?

Cursor1.GetString("Identificativo") result was empty ? ... We need more information.

On a side note ... better to use ResultSet (And xCustomListView instead of ListView)
B4X:
Dim rs As ResultSet = SQL1.ExecQuery2("SELECT * FROM Vestiti WHERE Categoria = ? ORDER BY rowid DESC", Array As String("T-shirts"))
Do While rs.NextRow
    Dim Buffer() As Byte = rs.GetBlob("Immagine")
    '............

ListView1.AddTwoLinesAndBitmap(rs.GetString("Identificativo"),"",Bitmap1)
Loop

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Matteo Granatiero

Licensed User
You encountered an Error ? ... What was the error message? ... How is this problem related to CustomGridView ?

Cursor1.GetString("Identificativo") result was empty ? ... We need more information.

On a side note ... better to use ResultSet (And xCustomListView instead of ListView)
B4X:
Dim rs As ResultSet = SQL1.ExecQuery2("SELECT * FROM Vestiti WHERE Categoria = ? ORDER BY rowid DESC", Array As String("T-shirts"))
Do While rs.NextRow
    Dim Buffer() As Byte = rs.GetBlob("Immagine")
    '............

ListView1.AddTwoLinesAndBitmap(rs.GetString("Identificativo"),"",Bitmap1)
Loop
the error is that the grid.add only accepts URLs and I should load a Bitmap taken from the SQL Blob

Upvote 0

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe try this ..

Or this ...

Upvote 0