Android Question CustomListView as another CustomListView's cellitem: How to resize the cell height to accomodate the listview's increasing items.

Hanz

To everyone who knows or has an idea...

What is the proper way of resizing the height of a CustomListView's cell which contains another CustomListView which list items increase. For instance, listview1 has two list items--A and B--then, I put listview2 as the cell item of B. The list items of listview2 increase: list item 1, 2, 3, and so on...

The reason for the question is that, when I do this, the other items in listview2 are no longer visible after the height exceeds the height of listview1's cell item B.

B4X:
Listview1
| A |
| B |  <---- ListView2
                 | 1 |
                 | 2 |
                 | 3 |

In here, item 3 is not visible because item 1 & 2's combined height exceeds the height of cell item B.

Further, is this a good a idea to do this? No memory issues that will make the app to function slower, assuming there are three listviews involved: e.g. listview3 is inside listview 2 which is inside listview1?

epiCode

Licensed User
To everyone who knows or has an idea...

What is the proper way of resizing the height of a CustomListView's cell which contains another CustomListView which list items increase. For instance, listview1 has two list items--A and B--then, I put listview2 as the cell item of B. The list items of listview2 increase: list item 1, 2, 3, and so on...

The reason for the question is that, when I do this, the other items in listview2 are no longer visible after the height exceeds the height of listview1's cell item B.

B4X:
Listview1
| A |
| B |  <---- ListView2
                 | 1 |
                 | 2 |
                 | 3 |

In here, item 3 is not visible because item 1 & 2's combined height exceeds the height of cell item B.

Further, is this a good a idea to do this? No memory issues that will make the app to function slower, assuming there are three listviews involved: e.g. listview3 is inside listview 2 which is inside listview1?
is it a good idea to do this? yes if its needed
IMO it would technically occupy same space as these lists would occupy independently, just that too much "list in list" will slow down the rendering if items are too many (that would also happen with too many lists on screen at once too)

Upvote 0