Android Question Designer - unresolved

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I created my layout with an old version of B4A NOT using the standard 320x480-1 but a variant suitable for my device: 480x800-1.5.

Now that I have the 3.00, when I load these layouts, the designer scripts (current variant: 480 x 800, scale = 1.5) shows the view laid out properly, but if I use AutoScaleAll and press F5, they increase their vertical dimension. Same situation during the execution of the app.

How so? How can I fix?

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have ever done any sizes of layout without autoscaleall command by thinking the size of layout which you selected is100%,and thinking each views is how many % of the views' positions.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
AutoScaleAll scales the layout based on the "standard" size which is 320x480-1. You shouldn't use AutoScaleAll with other variants.

I know that i don't need to AutoScale using only "my" variant, i'm not so stupid (i hope)

My question was "why that strange behaviour and why NOW, without using AutoScale, my old layouts are streched, at the same values!

But may be i have the answer.

because now my device displays some more pixels on top, having changed API version...???

Last observation:
I load the project, open the designer and connect my smartphone to the designer. Immediately, without AutoScale or F5, the Abstract Designer displays views correctly but on smartphone they are streched !

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

I'm doing other tests.

At this time, I created a new project:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" android:targetSdkVersion="15"/>
(my devices: S.O. 4.0.4 - 480x800 1.5 - scales [ 240 ] ).

1) I created a layout for the Main, using the standard ( 320x480 -1);
2) uploaded a second layout from my old app that I built with variant 480x800 -1.5.
(I had the terror of use F5 and compare the Abstact designer with my device connected , so I did not ).

RESULTS :

a) Using AutoScaleAll in the script of each layout:
Main layout: it becomes about 90% of the display (I see a black stripe high 10% at the bottom)
Second layout: it becomes about 103% of the screen (just like in Abstact Designer)

b) Using Scale.Initialize + Scale.ScaleAll (Klaus) in the Main layout and Scale.SetReferenceLayout (480 , 800, 1.5) + Scale.ScaleAll in the OLD layout everything seems ok.

But I have not yet tried on emulators with different resolutions, for the moment

I 'll try again, then, to incorporate Scale.SetReferenceLayout (480 , 800, 1.5) in all the activities of my old project (I already done two days ago, but did not give the expected around results and I think that was so because NOW the title of the activity is lowest and without an icon!)

I'm afraid I'll have to redo my whole project again

Best regards

P.S. I have tested (b) with 3 emulators:

320x480 160
480x800 240
240x432 120

The proportions are respected in all 3 cases.

Only a few pictures does not have a beautiful appearance. Starting from the standard (320 ...) what might be the ideal size of an image for a larger home button to put on (in my app, not the device)?

I am using LoadBitmap for the ImageView, then resize with Scale.ScaleAll.

Could you suggest to me about the ideal source size of the images? (grr my english, sorry!)
Should I use "InitializeSample" instead?

Again, they are already good enough.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I finally found what was my graphic trouble:

the IME library!

Klaus, if I put:

B4X:
IME1.Initialize ("IME1")

BEFORE of:

B4X:
Scale.SetReferenceLayout (480, 800, 1.5)
Scale.ScaleAll (Activity, True)

the proportions are not maintained.

There is also a (more little) problem with the default keyboard, without using the library IME.

Ciao

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't use the IME library.
So I have never test it with the Scale module.

Even using the default keyboard (but in this case, there are no errors in the proportions):

I placed an EditText to the bottom of the panel (its height is equal to activity.height):
the keyboard scrolls well only from the second "getFocus"... i can't explain it better

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…