Android Question Differing appearances SDK?

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
I need a little help. When compiling my app with different APK's I get different visual appearances.
Originally I set the APK to 4 so as to make the textedit boxes appear better and this has the appearance that I want but in order for google to see my app as tablet compatible I must use apk of 11 or greater.

There must be a way of getting better looking app with higher apk levels.
Attached are some screen shots from my phone and one from a clients phone. The clients phone the ap was using APK14

How do I fix this? I want the appearance of APK4 but want google to accept my app as tablet compatible.

Screen1.pngScreen2.pngClientsGalaxyNote (Small).jpg

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I searched for this (and I have asked about this but using my poor English).

I prefer a lot graphic of the APK < 11, so I do not set the target in the manifest file.

But I did not know what you have written: if I use the APK 4, my app does not work on tablets???

Tablet have various versions of S.O., 2.3 too, i guess

Upvote 0

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Your app will work on tablets but google will not recognize it as a tablet app in the ap store.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The version of the referenced android.jar (in the IDE) doesn't matter. What matters is the value under android:targetSdkVersion in the manifest editor.

However you can set it to 14 and still force the old style by adding this line to the manifest editor:
B4X:
SetApplicationAttribute(android:theme, "@android:style/Theme")

Upvote 0

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

joergb

Licensed User
Longtime User
The version of the referenced android.jar (in the IDE) doesn't matter. What matters is the value under android:targetSdkVersion in the manifest editor.

However you can set it to 14 and still force the old style by adding this line to the manifest editor:
B4X:
SetApplicationAttribute(android:theme, "@android:style/Theme")

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!
I build an App 1 year ago and it works fine on Android 2.x. Today I installed the same app under Android 4.3 but it don't work. All Edit's seems to be disabled or readonly. I get the focus and a keyboard, but I can't put a value into the Edits.
I tried it on another device with Android 4.3 ... it has the same problem.

So I add your line in th manifest editor an it works.
Thanks again

Upvote 0