Share My Creation eHome (Android tablet for your kitchen)

Hi all

Thought I would share some pics of this program I have been working on for about 14 years... yes, 14 years. ha ha ha. I have worked on the Android version for about a year now and it has went through many changes.

This program is designed to run full time on your tablet in the kitchen either mounted on your wall or in a holder on the counter. It runs in a kiosk mode.

It has several screens including: Main, picture album, kitchen timers, chores, shopping list, weather, web recipes and all setup is done with the built in HTTP server

It's starting to get used in my house and I am getting ready to start writing some documentation for it. I probably will release it although not in the Android store as really, its not an APP, it's a full blown program. :) Still lots of work to-do but I though I would share.

Here is a link to some pics in the version I did in VB6 about 6 years ago.

Here is the link to pics for the Android B4A version

Early beta is found here on my projects page

Anyway, comments would be welcome.

View attachment 22494 View attachment 22494

Attachments

• ehome001.png
    ehome001.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 4,145
  • ehome005.png
    ehome005.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes indeed it fits best in tablets , on phone there are some issues I don't think your are interested.
Looks good on tablet. 5 stars
Why didn't you published on market ?

Last edited:

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, it is suppose to be installed in the kitchen so I see think the phones screen are to small.

Minimum is really 800x480 7inch and you can get one of those off of eBay for $60 or so. Thats a cheap way to get a computer in the kitchen. :)

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have received a few emails about documentation, I am working on that at the moment as well as bugs as I find them.

To access the HTTP server for getting into setup you use
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8888

with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx being the IP of your device

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
nice idea. My wife will love it, especially the Chores.....