ETP - Erel Teaches Programming

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Given that I'm the best nuisance of this site (and not only :D) and given that the site which hosts the videos is a "custom site", I would suggest to modify it, mainly to reach the related video directly from the post (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...rogramming-video-tutorials.88787/#post-565006).

[Even a better look and maybe pages for specific topics would be useful, but I'm not the best person to talk about looks :D]

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Luka...

I tend to agree about the "site" looks...

I wonder if a simple List Thread, that linked directly to the YouTube Video wouldn't have a nicer feeling to it...

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've enjoyed watching Erels videos, especially the dynamic controls video released today, that should help a lot of people. I originally learned about using d c correctly by looking at Erels tic-tac-toe example many years ago.

It would be great to have the videos prominent (well a permanent link) somewhere on this site, preferably somewhere easy to find like a link directly on the front page that does not move.

I for one am enjoying watching the videos that Erel are making, I also like the fact that Erel is now removing code that is no longer needed which he didn't do in the first few videos. At first Erel just put everything together, but now he is not doing that which makes the videos easier for beginners to follow.

Darn it, Erel types quickly :D

Anyway keep up the great work Erel, 17 videos already, wow you're on a roll.

BTW, I've not heard that barking dog in the background for a few videos now, I hope it's okay ;)

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The site (etp.b4x.com) is a feature of Vimeo. There are several templates to choose from. I checked most of them and decided on this one. It is not possible to customize it. I can create a complete custom site but for now I don't want to.

BTW, I've not heard that barking dog in the background for a few videos now, I hope it's okay
There is a strange smell here. Need to check something...

Last edited:

Emme Developer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use this post to suggest some videos that i think can be useful.
- Unit Testing and TDD
- REST and httpjob
- Setting git
- Make a wrap from a Github project (of course Java skills are needed)

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use this post to suggest some videos that i think can be useful.
- Unit Testing and TDD
- REST and httpjob
- Setting git
- Make a wrap from a Github project (of course Java skills are needed)

• Unit Testing and TDD - Hmm, Test Driven Development.
  • REST and httpjob - Definitely.
  • Setting git - ?
  • Make a wrap from a Github project (of course Java skills are needed) - youtube.com/watch?v=3aBJ2_sLYbA.

Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Definitely a video on how to use debug and also using the logs correctly. The amount of times that I've read posts where developers say that this is the first time they have used logs and that they have been using B4A for years is just unbelievable, also users that use toastmessage for debugging (from a post about two weeks ago), absolutely unbelievable.

Yes a video on debugging, using the logs correctly and also using the watch expression. I use the watch expression all the time, developers should really know how to use the basics to help them debug issues correctly.

Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've just finished watching the 'Networking - TCP / IP' video, that's an excellent tutorial @Erel. I'm more than sure that B4X developers of all skill levels can learn from these tutorials that you are creating, I've definitely learnt a couple of interesting techniques that had never crossed my mind before.

One day I'll need to look more into XUI, but that's not today. As I've personally not had any reason to utilise XUI B4A/B4J in real world cross platform, I've not looked into it. But I'm more than sure that one day I will create and utilise XUI B4A/B4J, and on that day the XUI tutorials will definitely come in handy...

So now I'm up to date with all the tutorials including the 'Performance' video.

Cheers Erel for the videos, hopefully lots of B4X developers will watch them and at least learn one thing new...

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
One day I'll need to look more into XUI, but that's not today. As I've personally not had any reason to utilise XUI B4A/B4J in real world cross platform, I've not looked into it. But I'm more than sure that one day I will create and utilise XUI B4A/B4J, and on that day the XUI tutorials will definitely come in handy...
Note that XUI library is useful even if you target a single platform. As it is a new library it includes features that were previously not available, at least not in the core library.