Wish Filter in Quick Search

Herbert32

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

thank you for this great Devtools and really good IDE I really like to work with it.

As nothing is as good as it can't be improved, I would like it a bit more to work with the B4X-IDE's if there would be a filter-option for text which is not relevant for the code's functionality.

Means, it would be great to have an option to hide Lines where the Search-Item is after a ' and thereby without code-functionality.

Maybe we will see this in a future-release - thx in advance.

Herbert

Herbert32

Licensed User
Longtime User
(If you are searching for a variable or sub then you should use F7 - find all references)

F7 is a really helpfull feature which I use often - but I also work often with my own datatypes and there is a limitation which brings me to use Quick Serach instead:

Using F7 to find all references to 'MyDataType.MyDataTypeVariable' shows all references to 'MyDataType' including all my many other MyDataTypeVariables - so in bigger projects this is also a very time-consuming task.

So my Wish comes due to the limitations of F7

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Being able to hide search hits that are just commented lines would be much more productive to me as well :)

Maybe have a checkbox that will make comment lines visible or invisible in the search results list.

Last edited: