Forum Option for Members to create Invite only Threads

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there...

This is not a B4J or B4A wish either... it's a B4X Forum wish... that will help forum to be "lighter" and will help Members to support their projects (i know they can create projects... they can also create issue forum-blog) - but why not ?

1. They sell the source code...
2. Let them create an Invite only-Post-Thread for member bought the code... not searchable... to protect those members code as possible is...
3. So Forum will be kept clean by not useable code and Members/Creators will have better support to their projects...

That's all!

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
.. not searchable...
Hmmm.. , Erel has created the powerful search engine of our Forum, so it looks different approach required here.

Anyway, members now use PM or direct Mail, to share the purchase codes problems/solutions.

Regards,

Anand

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sounds a good idea but it should be purchased from Erel as he will be hosting the support for a product he gets nothing from.
Maybe a subscription per private invite only thread.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sounds a good idea but it should be purchased from Erel as he will be hosting the support for a product he gets nothing from.

It seems fair..

The PM's not giving always solutions... a Post/Thread can be helped from other users.. if invited.... (with no limits)

Unobtainius

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sorry to say this seems like a horrible idea to me. The forum is for sharing and learning not for creating little exclusive clubs. Jmho

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Unobtainius in one part you have right / but when in this forum some (all have this option) marketing/selling source code project will be nice to give support, and the reason not using an open thread for all is that the code bought from specific people... And not the only reason... think that may be some group of developers (5,10,20) wanna have hidden communication from others with archiving their thoughts..

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think that that would be a fair usage of the forum. If I'm not mistaken, you are talking about users like @sfsameer, who sells their source code... although the code is B4X based, they also include Java and other base code libs and API.
They sell a product and as such it's up to them to provide support by their own means.
I am surprised to see that they have not yet created their own forum on their web page.
Creating an invite only system would be ostrasizing users that did not bought their source codes... then imagine that, after a few months or even a couple of years, they decide to make them freeware... what is supposed to happen to those invite only threads that may have "died" long ago??

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually, @sfsameer team have promised a portion of the sales as a thank you to B4X