Android Question Free Android Emulator

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,

I'm looking for a free emulator that I could use to embed an apk in order to allow the client to use it in a PC without needing to adapt or create a new code for desktop.
Does anybody know the best tool to do this?

clarionero

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I use MEmu which is Android 5.1 and Nox Player which is Android 4 to test the applications.

Rubén

Upvote 0

Dabzy1978

Licensed User
I really don't know an easy way to connect the computer keyboard and monitor to a phone

Monitor wise, I'm sure there are plenty of dongly things to hook them up, just make sure it mirrors your/thier phone thats all.

Keyboard wise, well, just connect one with bluetooth.

Dabz

Upvote 0

rayofcumbria

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
MEMU ! this is one off the best emulators in the market where run and test apps

http://www.memuplay.com/
memu.jpg
Thanks! I'll try

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Official Google Chrome extension from Google that easily runs Android apk files in Chrome, thus on desktop.

I believe it's called 'Google ARC' if my memory serves me correctly, I used it a couple of years go...

EDITED: Google ARC Welder

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Derek Johnson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Don Oso, post: 606012, member: 31382"]MEMU ! this is one off the best emulators in the market where run and test apps

http://www.memuplay.com/

I use this too, seems to work very well. Somewhat loaded with adverts on opening screen though. Not very suitable for a business environment.,
Doesn't seem to let you cut and paste between Android and Windows either.

Also I've used AMiDuos. This supports touch screens as well. This does support cut and paste. Just checked and AMIDuos is no longer available. :-(

Derek

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've just done a search and it looks like Google have scrapped yet another one of their dam tools, Google really do annoy me at times. Yes it was an official Google released tool @LucaMs, there are official Google videos on their YouTube channel.

Google are just unbelievable at times, it was a great tool. I used Googles ARC Welder for ages but then I decided to stick to real devices as I didn't really need an emulator running in chrome, but it worked great for me while I was using it.

Upvote 0

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use this too, seems to work very well. Somewhat loaded with adverts on opening screen though. Not very suitable for a business environment.,
Doesn't seem to let you cut and paste between Android and Windows either.

Also I've used AMiDuos. This supports touch screens as well. This does support cut and paste. Just checked and AMIDuos is no longer available. :-(

Derek
Thanks!

Upvote 0

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've just done a search and it looks like Google have scrapped yet another one of their dam tools, Google really do annoy me at times. Yes it was an official Google released tool @LucaMs, there are official Google videos on their YouTube channel.

Google are just unbelievable at times, it was a great tool. I used Googles ARC Welder for ages but then I decided to stick to real devices as I didn't really need an emulator running in chrome, but it worked great for me while I was using it.
Hello @Peter Simpson ,

It could be really very useful if we could reuse almost the same Android code to run on desktop - the code update and fix could be very much easier at least for two platforms ... code versioning and updating for many OS's is sometimes hard and tedious, even with the B4X frameworks, and the possibility to use exactly the same for at least the two main (Windows and Android) could be great! But unfortunately it looks that there is no business solution, only improvised paths those only could be used by developer...

Upvote 0