iOS Question Hide TabController in one page (full screen) and display in others

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone.
I structred my app like so:
- Splashscreen (where I test the internet connection)
- Login Page
- Home Page

I would like to use TabBarController (i already did other post in order to understand how to use this thing), but i need it only in Home Page.

In splashscreen and Login Page i don't want the TabBar to be Visible (and usable), full screen.

Only in Home screen (and the inside pages) i need a TabBar with three buttons (Settings, Chat, Home).

So the question is: It's possibile to have the TabController only in certain pages? and have the others full screen?

Thanks

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
You can change a controller in any moment. To show tab bar, set App.KeyController = TabBarController. If you do not want to see a tab bar, restore NavigationController, received in Application_Start (App.KeyController = NavigationController)

Upvote 0

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can change a controller in any moment. To show tab bar, set App.KeyController = TabBarController. If you do not want to see a tab bar, restore NavigationController, received in Application_Start (App.KeyController = NavigationController)
Nice trick.
I tried, is it normal that in the moment I set the controller to TabBarControl it shows me the first page of the tabBar right?

Upvote 0

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
Looks strange. Do you re-use TabBarController or create new each time ?
Anyway TabBarController has a SelectedIndex property (get, put). When you set to NavigationController, save SelectedIndex. Then restore it after setting to TabBarController.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks strange. Do you re-use TabBarController or create new each time ?
No, i create the tabar once (like in the example you gave me in the other post), in application_start, and then I set it has controller later with App.Keycontroller

Anyway, thanks for the tip!

Upvote 0