Android Question How to get to Sub listing in V5

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there some more detailed information on the new version somewhere? As a for instance, I can't seem to figure out how to get a Sub listing. There is probably alot of new functionality that I don't readily know of or how to use.

Also, what happened to Test Compile?

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't seem to figure out how to get a Sub listing
CTRL-E switch to the Find sub function... In the MODULES tab you see a list of the subs to search...

findsub0023.png

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is probably alot of new functionality that I don't readily know of or how to use.
Basically the new version is a completly new IDE with theming and such... There are not many new features. B4J is ready, now B4A is ready... Erel is working now on B4I and i guess we should not expect to much new in b4a in the next weeks. Sure; sadly as i have some wishes in the wish forum i would like to see realized. The same for many others too :)
Let´s see what the time will bring to us

Upvote 0

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
CTRL-E switch to the Find sub function... In the MODULES tab you see a list of the subs to search...

findsub0023.png
I appreciate your response, but when I go CTRL + E it just takes me to the "Find Sub / Module (Ctrl+E)" textbox with the listing of Modules remaining the same - does not look like yours... ?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
it IS this function

Maybe i have placed it on another place than normal. Maybe because i use a dark style? I´m using B4A V5.0 Release
What I meant to say is that I don't show the Subs, it just continues to show Modules.

Upvote 0

Derek Johnson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was a bit confused by this too, but I've now found that if you click in the White Space below the Module Name, a drop down list of Subs appears.

I thought at first that you had to click the dropdown symbol (to the left of the 100%) but you only have to click the white space to get the list.

Capture.PNG

So I'd say that this is better than before, just takes a little while to get used to.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that the white space should have some type of header/title either in the DDL itself or to the left of the DDL, the DDL would then start to the right hand side of the header/title. All you see is a blank space with an arrow to the far right (pretty obvious once you are in the know). Once you find it your are laughing, but finding it in the first place the the main thing :)

Maybe this will help newbies @Erel, added text ;)
Capture.PNG

Upvote 0

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
What I meant to say is that I don't show the Subs, it just continues to show Modules.
OK, I found my problem. When I am in the code window and press Ctrl+E it takes me to the Modules tab where my modules are displayed. What I did not realize was that following the list of modules listing was the list of subs for the module I had open in the code window. Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0