iOS Question Install Debug App in IOS 9 (too old?)

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,

I have an old IPAD 2 and decided to use it only to test Apps flow and screens. The IOS version of this equipment is 9.3.5. I successfully installed B4i bridge and connected with B4i framework but when I'm having some problems:
- When stating in debug mode, the App download starts but before finishing I'm receiving the message: "Can't transfer the app . App Example can't be installed at this moment"

- When stating in release mode, the app is installed but doesn't open . Clicking on it I get a blank screen and it closes in one or two seconds.

I think that its something related to the IOS version too old (9.3.5) but, as it doesn't show any message or log I can't be sure... The same app is installed successfully in an IPhone with IOS 14.

Is there anything that I could to do to fix it or at least get any error message which could reveal what's happening?

Thanks!

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @MarcoRome . Now, in 32 bits, debug mode installs but when the app starts it shows a blank screen that disappears in less than one second without any error message or log. A curious information is that the simple first example app runs perfectly in IPAD 2
This one that I'm trying to install is more complex and uses Firebase and has about 7 screens... but as I don't have any error log I can't see what is requiring to be fixed to run... any suggestion?

Upvote 0

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
Create a new project and add the libraries from your full project. Does it crash?
Hello @Erel ,

I did what you recommended. Created a new B4XPages "hello world" project in B4J, switched to B4i version and started to add the libraries one by one until to find the one that was crashing. Using all libraries worked fine until I add iFrebaseAnalytics and IFirebaseNotifications (look at the follow image):

1615752796666.png

Then, I did a little bit more: I removed iFirebaseNotifications and maintained iFireBaseAnalytics. The app ran!
Does this means that IOS Version 9 is incompatible with Firebase Notifications library? Is there any workaround?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are correct. The minimum version for Firebase features, excluding analytics is iOS 10:

I will add a message about it.
Is there any way to do a "conditional inclusion" for the library in order to maintain IOS9 compatibility without requiring to remove Firebase Notifications from earlier versions (in the same way that we check Android Version before running codes)?

Upvote 0