Android Question It is getting >>>REALLY<<< anoying

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
There have been 2-3 days that I discovered I cannot connect any of my computers with B4A bridge to any of my Samsung phones. I did not have time to see what might be wrong and I turned to USB debugging. Now it is getting really anoying more than anyone could describe. I thought something was wrong with B4A bridge. Before few minutes though I tried to create a video voice to use it in a video I am creating for promoting my work with my app DHQI Video Voicer and I couldn't connect also there. It is getting more than annoying and I am not thinking at all to submbit myself to the bugs but sitting here and trying to fix this until the end of eternity. Any suggestions? I could also spray the bugs with bygon but this wouldn 't fix the problem, would it? :confused:

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This might sound obvious, but did you try rebooting your router?

Also, have you made any changes to the router?

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have Samsung here.. not problem atm.
try to remember if you clicked some "update" in your phone,
if any update was done, I could try to uninstall and install bridge again.

Upvote 0

pliroforikos

Licensed User
Well, I don't know if it is the same problem but i m using an emmulator to check apps. I have set it to Samsung phone. So the last 2-3 days i cant sent any application to it when i set app key. On the other hand when i am running with debug key it compiles and run as expected.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@hatzisn try the following
  1. Reboot router
  2. Reboot development machine
  3. Reboot phones
If the above fails then
  1. Disable Windows firewall
  2. Disable any extra firewall programs that you might have on your B4X development machine
  3. Disable firewall in your router and also check the router logs
  4. Disable any programs like GlassWire or NetLimiter 4
I was going to say to search Windows event viewer, but no don't do that.

Good luck 👍

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did reboot my router. When it started again I found both of my WLANs set to off. It is obvious to me that I did not do that and in fact I cannot understand if this was the case how my second Samsung which does not have a SIM card in it for mobile data was connected to the Internet and I could access YouTube and watch videos. I have no other WiFi credentials than the ones of my WiFi in any of my devices (in my main home - my country home is 175km away and I am pretty sure the WiFi there is completely out of range). Now it seems to work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did reboot my router. When it started again I found both of my WLANs set to off. It is obvious to me that I did not do that and in fact I cannot understand if this was the case how my second Samsung which does not have a SIM card in it for mobile data was connected to the Internet and I could access YouTube and watch videos. I have no other WiFi credentials than the ones of my WiFi in any of my devices (in my main home - my country home is 175km away and I am pretty sure the WiFi there is completely out of range). Now it seems to work. Maybe the bugs in the mind of the bugs was the problem and these must definitely be debugged.
Maybe the router was in an unstable state, and rebooting it fixed your original issue and also caused the wifi to turn off after the reboot due to a glitch caused by the unstable state.

Upvote 0