Android Tutorial [java] Video tutorial - Creating a simple library

djpero

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was followed complete video tutorial, and I have no errors but cannot locate the Jar file. The xml file is created properly?

Ok, i figured, I extract the Jar file, but I having this error while importing lib into b4a.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 538

Stulish

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

I have just used your video tutorial, and it worked a dream, i now have an extra library for multiplying a number by two :)

Now all i need to do is learn some java (seems similar to C so i will have to get reading)

Thanks for a great tutorial

Stu

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
No Jar File created

Hi

I followed the video tutorial, got an XML output but no Jar file ...

Any ideas, no errors or warnings generated, also new to eclipse.

Regards

John.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great video but

With me it only makes the XML file and not the jar file. I've completely had it with eclipse, I'm un-installing it before my new laptop end up going through my opened window :BangHead:

Btw, the video is absolutely brilliant Erel...

StarinschiAndrei

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel , the youtube tutorial is great , but how can i create the xml file from an existing jar file ? i cound't find any description about this. Can any body send me a description ? or advice me how can i proceed ! Thank you.

StarinschiAndrei

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel ,

I checked you mentioned tutorial but unfortunately i don't have any java files. To be easier for you to advice me i attached the jar file (this is an api for cutom termal printer). Thank you

Attachments

• customandroidapi.zip
    51.6 KB · Views: 559

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Android is based on Java 6. Make sure that you set the project JDK version to 6.
Hi Erel

Busy trying my hand at this. Sorry for the stupid question but where and how do I do it or check that I am indeed making use of JDK version 6. Have just gone through the video tutorial and everything working 100% (including making use of the lib in a B4A project) but unsure if my Eclipse project is using JDK v6.

Make sure that you set the project JDK version to 6.

Edit:

I have the Execution environment set to JavaSE-1.6 (jre8). I guess this must be it?

THIS IS BETTER THAN CHEESE!:)

Last edited:

little3399

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI,
here is my compile error message

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-28_1-48-3.png
    upload_2015-5-28_1-48-3.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 482

Johan Schoeman