Android Question Libraries versions and new B4A versionS.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I got a strange error (already solved but understanding the reason could be useful).

If I compile my app, which uses my SuggestionsEditText library, using B4A 7.01, I get a very strange error, the app crashes with this error message:

upload_2017-6-23_19-39-56.png

SuggestionsEditText was compiled with B4A 6.80 and my app does not crash if compiled using this version of B4A.

Since I'm very clever :p, I assumed that it would be enough to recompile the library using the latest version of B4A and in fact it works; but why that error? Obviously, ExecNonQueryBatch exists.

Also, the test project I attached along with the library (SuggestionsEditText) seems to work when compiled using both 6.80 and 7.01 (this is so strange that I have to try again!).

As I said, I don't need help, now all works, but perhaps better understanding this situation could be useful.

Last edited:

MaFu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe you compiled your lib with Java 7 and now with B4A 7 you use Java 8.
I had an almost identical error with my lib (Java, no B4A). I recompiled with Java 8 and the lib works with B4A 7.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You need to post the full error message from the logs.

I assumed that it would be enough to recompile the library using the latest version of B4A and in fact it works; but why that error?
ExecNonQueryBatch now returns a value. This change doesn't affect B4A code, but it does affect compiled libraries as the method signature has changed. You will need to recompile the library.

Upvote 0