Games New game company name suggestions?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I like the logos, I will most likely go for the one melonZgz liked as it would easier to put my company name onto it.

Lucas, I know my games likely get more downloads due to the names, but I have no shame in that. I write my games to make money. Once I make enough money to live happily on, then I will do games coding full time and write more original games, but for now I'm just doing what ever makes the most money, and retro games seem to be the answer.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but I have no shame in that.
I never thought you should!!!!!!!

I was looking for the reason for the success of apps, in general, and I think this can be one reason.

I have only published 3 nonsense apps; one of these has in its name two very famous things here in Italy: "Striscia" - part of the name of a famous TV show and "Superenalotto", the richest lottery. Well, this is the only one that gets some downloads every day.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Also, I wrote here:
About the game company name... are you (@andymc ) sure that you will develop games only? If "tomorrow" you will publish a very useful app, will you create a new "company" (new Google developer account)?
Just because I think that maybe in a future you will publish a different kind of app, so the company name should be less specific.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but for now I'm just doing what ever makes the most money, and retro games seem to be the answer.

Dam right Andy, living in the UK is seriously expensive, especially with the new sugar TAX, rum and coke has shot up in price :mad:

Anyway here are some logos quickly make online in just a couple of minutes, you should keep that business name :)
zjHl2lgef9cYrQL0JFa7kzbw2vuErhZLmRfK0zd9OXdE9g5shnN1i..png
zjHl2lgef9cYrQL0JFa7kzbw2vuErhZLmh...K1zd9OXdE9g5shnN1i..png

zjHl2lgef9cYrQL0JFa7kzbw2vuErhZLmh7F0Tp9OXdE9g5shnN1i..png
zjHl2lgef9cYrQL0JFa7kzbw2vuErhZLmh...J3jp9OXdE9g5shnN1i..png

It should actually say Games to keep you awake, but I couldn't be bothered to changed the wording once it was typed it in lol.

There are more in the zip file

Enjoy...

Attachments

• Logos.zip
    224.4 KB · Views: 279

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyway here are some logos quickly make online in just a couple of minutes, you should keep that business name
I would think twice before using them - the upper part of the logo is very similar to the official java-logo. Would be a pity if Oracle went after you too (after suing Google) for infringement :). I work in the Intellectual Property business and I have seen this over and over again....

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would think twice before using them - the upper part of the logo is very similar to the official java-logo. Would be a pity if Oracle went after you too (after suing Google) for infringement :). I work in the Intellectual Property business and I have seen this over and over again....
Well, at least you and your company become famous :p

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Zynga Poker, with its 50M+ downloads (just Android, how many players use their browser/flash player?), shows... zero ads; it earns through in-app billings only! This is incredible for me but it is a reality.
When you reach an established level (played N games) Zynga shows interstitials (full screen ads, sometimes videos), on app starting (I thought this was forbidden by Google's rules) and every time you leaves a game room.
Anyway, I reached more than $ 200M, without buying virtual dollars nor clicking ads, so if all players did so, Zynga could only gain from advertising views.

End (because totally O.T. :()

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My best game has had 408,000 download and I make £700 a month from 53000 active installs.
+1, given that I installed it yesterday :)

2 comments:

1) the controls looks bad (tablet 1280x800 scale 1);
2) I can play disconnected (no Internet), so you can not gain; I would force the user to connect. Despite this, you get good earnings!

Last edited:

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've updated my developer page on Google play, what do people think?

I know I'm quite late to the party here, but I still wanted to chime in. Hope that's ok. :)

I think your new logo (which, as far as I can tell, doesn't really include the stain) is somewhere between "good enough" and "nice" - so probably keep that as is. The developer page looks pretty bad. It might be due to me having a 4K monitor though. I tried uploading a screenshot showing what it looks like for me, but the file was too large. :) So, anyway, here it is resized:

upload_2018-5-29_21-34-8.png