Android Question Opinions about the 'On' button in an app that controls GPS

carlos7000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, everyone!

I am developing a mobile application that includes a Toggle button to activate and deactivate the GPS. The button is labeled as 'GPS'.

I would like to hear your opinions and perceptions about the design of the 'GPS' button. The question is:

What do you initially think when you see a button labeled 'GPS' in an application that controls GPS? Do you believe the button represents that the function (GPS) is currently active, or that pressing it will activate the function?

button.png

I would greatly appreciate it if you could share your impressions about the design and whether you find it clear, or if you have any suggestions to improve it. Your opinions will be of great help to ensure that the application is intuitive and user-friendly for all users.

Thank you in advance for your contributions and participation!

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
View attachment 144358

I would greatly appreciate it if you could share your impressions about the design and whether you find it clear, or if you have any suggestions to improve it. Your opinions will be of great help to ensure that the application is intuitive and user-friendly for all users.
I like it - to show that GPS is on, I would make the graphic of the satellite 'bright', use lighter colours and/or maybe a glow around it - and as it is shown here to show that it is off.

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I suggest that include the word on or off, i.e "GPS on" and "GPS off"
If you don't like words, use a slash or cross symbol for the satellite icon to indicate disabled. Gray colour can also indicates it is off.

Upvote 0