iOS Question Problem with Local Mac Builder (SOLVED)

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All, I seem to be having some issues with compiling my B4i apps using my local builder, I continue to get the following Error:

I followed this thread here but I have already followed all the necessary steps including installing B4i bridge first, this was working before, the only change is that I updated Xcode to version 14.0.1.

I am using version 8.1 of the local builder.

If I use the Hosted builder than I am able to compile the b4i app, but I will eventually be using custom libraries so I will need to start using my local builder.

Anyone has any idea if this is an issue with my Xcode version, or is it related to something else?

Walter

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Xcode 14 should be fine.

What do you see in the server logs?
In some cases a dialog appears on the Mac asking for a password (111111).
Hi Erel, here's the logs I see on the server.
And I don't see any dialogs popping up on my mac unfortunately, I rebooted my Mac thinking maybe it had gotten in some weird state, but I am still seeing the same issue.

Walter

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Might be a permission problem. I recommend that you start with the simulator on the local builder and use the hosted builder with the real device.
uhmm, I really doubt it, I mean it's worked before, but I'll probably uninstall everything and re-install again and see if it makes a different.

The problem is that I need to start developing some custom libraries for this specific project and I need to get my local builder working again.

Walter

Upvote 0

Neil Rohan

Licensed User
Kind of a shot in the dark here, but for what it's worth, I solved a similar problem by setting the #MinVersion Project Attribute to 11. Good luck.

Upvote 0

watesoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
XCODE -> Preferences -> Accounts and add your developer account.
You need to do this if you have just installed a fresh copy of XCODE or are installing on a new MAC computer.

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
XCODE -> Preferences -> Accounts and add your developer account.
You need to do this if you have just installed a fresh copy of XCODE or are installing on a new MAC computer.
I'll check but didn't just install Xcode, it has worked for all previous versions of local builder, not sure what the difference would be now.

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried everything trying to solve this issue but still same issue, now I am seeing this error, I have the Apple configurator running with the device attached to my mac and B4i running at the same time.

I'm out of ideas.

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I changed the user id but I get the same error:

Walter

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For some reason the builder fails to add the key to the Mac keychain.
I'm not sure that's accurate, I can see a new folder with the new username being created in the UploadedProjects folder, one thing I did noticed though is if I open the project with Xcode I continue getting pop up messages saying:
The file “B4iProject.xcodeproj” could not be unlocked.

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks like Xcode is running under a different user. Make sure not to run the builder with sudo.
As always you were right @Erel I went and looked at all the folders in the B4iBuildServer directory and for some reason every single folder and file were under different user group, also Xcode, I went ahead and assigned everything to be under my username, and Now I am able to compile my projects on my local builder.

Thanks everyone!

Walter

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…