Bug? Problems with Android SDK installed with V7.8 SDK Manager?

eSolution

Licensed User
Longtime User
I updated to B4A v7.80 on my laptop and I deleted my Android SDK that was installed with Android Studio and I installed a new one as explained in the SDK Manager thread (using the SDK Manager from B4A).
Now B4A can't compile my old apps because it can't find the Appcompat styles.
I installed B4A v7.8 on my desktop where I still have the Android SDK from Android Studio and it compiled the app without any problem...
So with the Android SDK installed by the included SDK Manager we have missing files i think... I get this error: "AndroidManifest.xml:16: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'theme' with value '@style/Theme.AppCompat')."

How can I fix this without installing Android Studio and using its SDK? (is another 10G of wasted SSD)

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You dont need android Studio and it´s SDK. At least not for B4A.
Manager thread (using the SDK Manager from B4A).
You also configured the IDE to use the SDK with the new Path?
Tools configure paths

eSolution

Licensed User
Longtime User
You dont need android Studio and it´s SDK. At least not for B4A.

You also configured the IDE to use the SDK with the new Path?
Tools configure paths
Of course I did :))) I'm not that "nube"
I set up all the pats correctly... I'm using B4A since almost the first version...

But since I installed the SDK with the included SDK MAnager and I deleted the old SDK installed with Android Studio I have this error... And I tested on a different computer with the same B4A version (7.8) but with the SDK installed with Android Studio and I have no error and it compiles as it should...

eSolution

Licensed User
Longtime User
The relevant instructions are here: https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html#installation

You don't need any other to install anything else.

Make sure to use the latest version of AppCompat library.
Yes I followed this instructions in the first place... I use the same lib folder on both B4A installations also (copied on both desktop and laptop). The fact is that on desktop with Android SDK installed by Android Studio I can compile my app but on my laptop with the Android SDK installed by the SDK Manager from B4A I can't compile my app (with the error that I mentioned) ...

eSolution

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try again and make sure that:
1. Start with a new empty folder for the SDK.
2. The IDE is configured to use the new folder.
I did that already: new folder to install in and after install set up the paths in B4A...
May be I need to check some other packages in the Manager? I do not want to just check all the packages and just put another 10G of android on my ssd most of it I would not need... Do you have a basic list of the packages that we need to install in the sdk to work well in most of the apps? (I installed already what was checked by default)
Thank you

eSolution

Licensed User
Longtime User
You only need the recommended items. It looks like the problem is somewhere else. Are you using the latest version of AppCompat library (3.52)?
No, I checked and it shows v2.0. It seems that on my laptop I used an old lib folder from my backup drive. I fixed it now but I have another error:

"
Compiling generated Java code. Error
src\com\myapp\details.java:17: error: cannot find symbol
public class details extends android.support.v7.AppCompatActivity implements B4AActivity{
^
symbol: class AppCompatActivity
Note: src\com\myapp\starter.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
Note: Some messages have been simplified; recompile with -Xdiags:verbose to get full output
1 error

javac 9.0.1

"

:D

Last edited: