Wish Replacing project.zip name "at loading time"

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
First a question, to know If I should avoid to request this kind of "not so useful" features (this is the real/main purpose of this "Wish"):
Can Anywhere Software make the IDE (easily, without too much work) modify parts of the user's source code as soon as the project is loaded?

B4X:
'Ctrl + click to export as zip: ide://run?File=%B4X%\Zipper.jar&Args=Project.zip

If would be "useful" (just nice) if the IDE automatically replaced the "Project.zip" name with the real name of the project loaded.

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A better solution is to add a variable for the project name and change the template to:
B4X:
'Ctrl + click to export as zip: ide://run?File=%B4X%\Zipper.jar&Args=%PROJECT_NAME%.zip
Variable?
Opening the project by command line (I hate command lines 🤣 - batch files too).

[I still don't know if implementing "stuff" like that would take a lot or little work, but that's okay :)]

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1611840191340.png

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is that a placeholder (%%) and a keyword that the IDE will pass to Zipper.jar?
The IDE will replace it with the project name before passing it to Zipper (or any other tool).

Currently there is no PROJECT_NAME placeholder / variable. I need to add it.

The current placeholders are: PROJECT, ADDITIONAL (additional libraries folder), B4X (installation folder) and all the environmental variables.
B4X:
'ide://run?File=%WINDIR%\System32\cmd.exe&Args=/c&Args=Echo+%PROJECT%