Share My Creation Simple POS

Our POS system
first version around March 2014!

EDIT: and here the web platform to add/edit/delete dishes, get reports...
uSAAS-POS

antu_data_cafe.jpg

Edit: and the takeaways app:

Edit:
We added a simple Order+Delivery to our POS:

Last edited:

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks good!

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice One, What is the name of your printer? I need a recommendation for a nice bluetooth android printer for something similar I am working on

we use two types of printers at the moment.

some restaurants use this: NT-5802LD 58mm Mini Portable Bluetooth Thermal Receipt Printer
we have been buying from this shop many times, link

and also this printer: xprinter XP-Q200, 80mm auto cutter USB+bluetooth Thermal receipt printer
looks like not available anymore in aliexpress, website here: http://www.xprinter.net/
an option similar here

Last edited:

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
ahah.. just found an old, probably my the first project developed using B4A + NFC :)

Loyalty card - when touching the NFC tag the app counted 1 coffee, after 9 coffee you could get one for free :p

Last edited:

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Someone just refered me to this today, I almost thought the web platform is BVAD3.

Looks awesome!
yes, sorry but nope :p that web app is running over 4+years with almost not touching it!!

I hope one day I'll make working a real web-App using B4X (especially my web BLE project)

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
My POS system is 10 years old!

I still recall looking for a software to develop an app integrating my electronics development. That's when I stumbled upon B4A.

I downloaded B4X, created a basic version (yes, finally, my initial projects were not related to electronics o_O), and began my B4X journey.
I remember showcasing my very rudimentary POS to cafes and restaurants, fueled by morning energy and undeterred by numerous rejections—back when I was still working the 9-5 grind - on ny way to work I stopped in 1 ór 2 cafes everyday.

I proudly presented my "POS" and loyalty app to every restaurant in town!! Sure I did to every restaurant/cafe! (ok, this city is not too big)
After many "no's," one finally said yes (ok, two, one for my POS and one for my Loyalty). I promptly purchased Enterprise version and worked at nigths, to craft a user-friendly version.

This week 10years later!!! a new version based in pages was finally installed in one of the restaurants - testing at the moment, (now it uses pages, despite its initial difficulties—it was quite a challenge to make it work, with many issues, etc.), but now it's up and running!

and more important!! it has been synchronized with my POS-uSAAS developed years ago and eagerly awaits the new POS version.

Thank you B4X

Edit: will update a video showing this new version soon.

Last edited:

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe a good user interface design (UI) and user experience (UX) will help driving the potential customer interest. Second is the unique features that none offered in the market. I spent a lot of time on these things.

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
It happened a few years ago, coding during a flight!

If you’ve ever flown on an Airbus A380, you know it’s a long flight!
A6-EDY_A380_Emirates_31_jan_2013_jfk_(8442269364)_(cropped).jpg

(pic from wikipedia)

Before taking that fly and staying in some hotels, as well how some hotels in Dubai, I was impressed to see my name displayed on some smat-TV, along with special promotions as a warm welcome :)

Inspired by this experience, I used my time on the long flight of the Airbus380 to develop a simple app called sTV-Menu for restaurants.

Initially, sTV-Menu allowed restaurant owners to update their menus remotely from anywhere in the world.
Since then, I’ve enhanced the app to also display videos, making it an even more dynamic and engaging tool for showcasing menus; I try keeping it super simple!!

The best part? This app was developed using B4X, based just in a very simple example from B4X's team (or Erel)!

here a video:

Last edited: