Wish Suggestion for a better AutoBackup

Herbert32

Licensed User
Longtime User
Today, I had been faced by a Auto-Restart due to windows-updates as i had been a few minutes not in front of the screens...

I thought 'great' - there is a new Feature called 'Autobackup' which may bring me back unsaved Code-changes...

Sadly i had to recognize that AutoBackup did not helped me...

My last compilation, during which the files had been saved the last time, is about 4hours ago - during that time, the Autobackup-feature made 4 Backups - But NOT from my Code-Modules, in which i worked since the last compilation... :-(((

As the Feature makes its Backup regarding internal rules in a 10-minute-rhythm, it would be great to see that the IDE saves all changes every 10 minutes into the backup-folder and compresses them to the backup-zip-files.

As it does not, I have now 4 Backups during that time i changed really a lot of code with NO relevant changings :-(((

Whats curious is that there is ONE code-module in which I did NOT made any changes since 3 weeks, which has always the same date-time-information as the backup-zip-file has... - the onliest difference to my high-frequently changed modules is that this module is existing in my App-Directory as well as in ..\..\B4A\Modules - in my project it is linked from the \B4A\Modules-Path. but autoBackup always makes a new copy from the file in my App-Path, which is never changed ...

Maybe there is a way to make AutoBackup a little bit cleverer than it is...

Best regards
Herbert

Herbert32

Licensed User
Longtime User
right - but from one file, which has not been changed since more than 3 weeks AutoBackup always creates a new one with file-date/time of the backup.zip