Other V5.20 has been released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A version 5.20. All users who are eligible for a free upgrade should receive an email with installation instructions.

This update adds an important new feature, the "Starter Service".

The Starter service is a special service module that serves as the program single entry point. This feature solves one of the most common bugs in Android apps which happens when the program starts from a secondary activity or service and some of the resources are not ready.

See this link for more information: Starter Service - Consistent & Single Entry Point

Other improvements:
  • Blocks completion: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/56983
  • The backwards / forward navigation feature was improved and there is a new list with the recent locations (Alt + N).
  • The Logs font can be changed.
  • Sub names are bold.
  • RingtoneManager.Play method.
  • New Designer navigation pad.
  • Warnings engine improved.
  • #SignKeyFile / SignKeyPassword attributes. Allow using a different signing key based on the build configuration.
  • Colors list in the designer color picker.
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

Javier Lovay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel Hello, I congratulate you on your excellent work. Thank you.

If I may suggest that the "Export as ZIP" function can be stored as a variable for each project. Because it would be useful to use for backups of each project code. If I have two or more open projects simultaneously, with just one click I can do backups in different path.

Upvote 0

chrjak

Licensed User
Longtime User
Limitation for text size in designer at 50... why?

Update: Somehow designer is buggy here. Label Text Size and Label Text Color don't update

Last edited:
Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This statement by itself is not useful. What are you unhappy about?
He is saying that version 5.2 doesn't compile, it does when it wants, and that he is reverting back to version 5.02.

Walter

Upvote 0

Eka Ratman Cokorda

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi erel, why after opened b4a ide and load project (no compile process), java.exe is running and uses to much memory ?

Attachments

• b4ajaava.jpg
    b4ajaava.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 323
Upvote 0

PhilipBrown

Licensed User
Longtime User
New Designer navigation pad.

Does this refer to the Visual Designer tree? If so, what are the changes? I can't find any.

It still has these problems, as noted in the B4A book:

The tree does NOT allow you to:
drag items into a panel unless it already has at least one daughter;
drag a view to the bottom of the tree so it is a daughter of the Activity if there is a panel with children already at the bottom of the tree.​

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
When I try to use it I get
java.lang.RuntimeException: Method: Play not found in: anywheresoftware.b4a.phone.RingtoneManagerWrapper
This means that the libraries were not updated properly. Try to reinstall B4A and make sure that no library is left in the internal libraries folder after you uninstall the previous version.

You just need to call RingtoneManager.Play with the uri you previously got with GetDefault or from the picker.

This is the new navigation pad:

SS-2015-10-14_09.28.05.png

The tree does NOT allow you to:
drag items into a panel unless it already has at least one daughter;
drag a view to the bottom of the tree so it is a daughter of the Activity if there is a panel with children already at the bottom of the tree.
Features not implemented in this version should be discussed in the wishlist forum.

Upvote 0

Ddancer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A version 5.20. All users who are eligible for a free upgrade should receive an email with installation instructions.

The Starter service is a special service module that serves as the program single entry point. This feature solves one of the most common bugs in Android apps which happens when the program starts from a secondary activity or service and some of the resources are not ready.

See this link for more information: Starter Service - Consistent & Single Entry Point

Other improvements:
  • The backwards / forward navigation feature was improved and there is a new list with the recent locations (Alt + N).
  • Sub names are bold.
  • #SignKeyFile / SignKeyPassword attributes. Allow using a different signing key based on the build configuration.

Other improvements:
  • Sub names are bold.
Can you resend email for B4A ver 5.2 please

Upvote 0