Android Question video capture in version 4.0 beta

mkvidyashankar

Licensed User
Longtime User
The facility for capturing video of screen is great. I tried to capture video by connecting device thro USB cable and try to capture. It still shows that

Error: error: device not found

device is in USB debugging mode

please help

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The facility for capturing video of screen is great. I tried to capture video by connecting device thro USB cable and try to capture. It still shows that

Error: error: device not found

device is in USB debugging mode

please help

on my nexus 4 (android 5.0) its working like a charm, are u using android 4.4.4+??

Upvote 0

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In my nexus 5 (android 5.0) I had to select in settings / storage "connect as Media (MTP)" in usb connection.
You should be able to see the designer if you are connected.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
my nexus is also on MTP and USB Debug on, after debug the app and after the app started to run on my device (usb debug) then i just started to capture and it worked very well.. this is an awesome feature (would be great if this feature will be added to b4i :))

Upvote 0

author

Licensed User
Longtime User
Works very well on my Galaxy S5, see it on YouTube at:
Two questions: ...

here seems to be a time limit, how long can you capture for?

is there any way to get the audio?

--Ralph

Upvote 0

author

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, Erel. I understand. ... still, a marvelous feature to add to all the others!

I truly enjoy seeing B4A continue to grow and plan on diving into B4I soon. Thanks for all you do!

--Ralph

Upvote 0

tdocs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
GREAT!!!!!

Speed of recording is perfect. Clarity of video and resolution perfect. Ease of use - easy!

Note - if you have more than one device connected via USB, you have to turn it off.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Recorded the following videos on Samsung Galaxy S5:
Resolution Size time quality
1280x720 11 MB 1 mn 7 sec good
640x480 8 MB 1 mn 11 sec good
320x240 6 MB 1 mn 22 sec very poor

Those are huge files for such videos without sound. In addition, I can only play the videos in landscape although taken in portrait. Is there anything that can be done to reduce the size without sacrificing quality?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Croïd

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've always work with B4 wifi !

I must create a profile on AVD manager ? for use video record or only connect my device in usb debug mode

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0