B4J Tutorial What is B4J?

Nycran

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for this Erel - it's looking amazing. Quick question in reference to: "I was surprised with how quickly I could do my first JAR file."

Can anyone explain the correct process for this? I tried but failed :) When trying to run my jar, I received a NoClassDefFound error for javafx/application/Application

I assume I need to include the javafx library somehow when compiling the jar file?

Nycran

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello again, yes I most certainly have. To clarify, I can build the application just fine within the IDE (i.e. when I hit compile and run it works). What I am trying to figure out is how to create something I can distribute, e.g. a jar file. I read above that a JAR file can be created (maybe the IDE is already doing this) but I cannot find it.

masterleous

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel,

This is a wonderful tool for windows apps, i like this very much as environment is quick similar to B4A, that's awesome

dieterp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

Thanks for this. It really does sound awesome! I'm also just trying to understand what a previous person enquired about. B4J will run cross platform on Windows, Linux and Mac, but what is the scope for this (or another B4 language) to run on all the mobile platforms (so Android, iOS etc.)? Does this have the scope or is there something else in the pipeline?

I guess the question at this point is, if I wanted to write apps to run on everything, what B4 languages would I need to get this right?

Regards

dieterp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Currently there isn't any "B4" tool that creates iOS apps.

B4J will probably be extended in the future to support building web servers. This will provide at least a partial solution for 100% cross platform "apps".

For now there are no plans to develop a native tool for iOS. Maybe in the future...

Thanks Erel!

rbghongade

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4J is simply awesome. Bringing the raw power of java to BASIC fanatics like me! Created my first program an used my own library (earlier developed for B4A) and it works like a charm, although there was a warning dialog that it is not a B4J library hence may run improperly!
Simply wonderful! Erel rocks again! Sometimes I suspect Erel is a super-intelligent being from outer space!
Jokes apart, I feel that this new tool is the gateway for java platform programming.
Power(Thanks,1000000..) to Erel.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you
images

rikky1966

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great Erel!!!
can I import my existing b4a source codes to compile b4j without any changes? also I'm starting to program to Samsung Tizen SDK platform (coming soon OS on highend samsung devices), so have you any plan to make a b4t compiler?

Last edited:

thestar19

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, You said that a B4 tool wasn't on the agenda for iPhone. Is that something we members can change since I would be more then interested to buying it, even if its just for mac?

Jaime Ramirez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel:

If I want to use B4J to develop software that will be running under linux on a beaglebone black, is it possible to setup a cross development so I can use your debugging features?.

Jaime