Wish Will there be a Basic 4 iOS eventually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levisvv

Licensed User
Longtime User
Any idea if this will happen or when? I would be willing to pay extra for it.
How about Basic 4 Tizen? it shoudl be easy to port since the Tizen development SDK is so similar to Android.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
About iOS. There might be support for iOS in the (not so far) future. If such a product will be released then it will be a new product (B4i).

Erel, please - don't do it! I don't know if I have the time to learn a new framework. First, Basic4PPC (for WM and Windows), then B4A followed by B4J and now maybe B4i. Simply too much.

Just kidding of course. ;) If B4i becomes a reality, I will of course join that adventure as well just like I did with all your previous products.

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
About iOS. There might be support for iOS in the (not so far) future. If such a product will be released then it will be a new product (B4i).

All I can say to that is wow!

Erel - please charge more in the future for new platforms so progress won't hampered by resources. B4A is simply underpriced for it's power and convenience.

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
That would be a great addition to the developers' arsenal. I currently build for Mac and Windows using Real Studio (now Xojo), and they're planning iOS support. My heart sank, however, when I saw that the additional licence for building iOS is likely to be $400

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope at least a big portion of the code will be portable between B4A and B4I. And that there will be a solution for the fact you need a Mac to compile.

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
There could be an alternative solution offered through a gateway though (either a Mac running in a virtual machine on your PC, or a "rented" Mac over the internet).

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not possible to run a Mac on a PC. As I see it you will eventually need a Mac if you plan to develop iOS apps. All other solutions will be too cumbersome (especially with larger projects).

Mac Mini costs around $600.

Note that I would have been very happy to find a solution that doesn't require a Mac...

MaFu

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you have a fast pc OSX runs perfect in a virtual machine. Therefore i see no drawbacks (neiher on larger projects).
But this is a solution Apple doesn't like :oops:
(but i don't like Apples policy, so this is ok for me)

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User

Great news, Erel, any idea of release date ????

Patrick

Osi

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am also interested as well. Just an FYI, people have been running OSX on PCs for years, even in virtual boxes :) You just need the knowledge.

On a side note, developing on a Mac just makes sense. I mean, we develop for Android (and windows) as it is. It makes sense to develop for and on the platform you are targeting (when possible).

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Currently there is no public release date.
How will B4i will handle ios UI? I hope the ios native one, which is one of the best of that OS.

And Erel, please, just give an estimate date (late 2014...) ? too much suspense

Thanks and regards

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.