Wish Will there be a Basic 4 iOS eventually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Like everyone else. I too can't wait for this. Just imagine that with a little bit of redesign and instantly the market it will open up for your apps. I have been looking at going down the xamarin path as I am a c# developer but would much prefer this. Just let me know when to hit the confirm button in my PayPal account.

tigrot

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use to program for IOS on a VMWARE machine, Xcode works a little slow but my HP Pavillon running W7 seems a MaC...
hope the new Environment will be release soon: I have to port to IOS my new app so I don't want to waste one year in searching for the warm water's recipee!

RAJAN MBA

Licensed User
Longtime User
For all those running iOS on vmware, please get a Mac Mini. Running Mac on Windows is fraught with bugs and hangups. If you are going to use b4i (when it comes), do it properly ! I may add that iOS SDK is not bad either :D

RAJAN MBA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nope. It works flawless on my system.
You mean you have no problem compiling, provisioning iOS apps via your VM ? How do you manage SDK updates? Don't you face crashes? If not, it's wonderful, but I still would advise investing in a Mac (Although I am no fan of their steep pricing policy)

MaFu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I didn't create iOS apps yet. I have the OSX vm for broaden my horizon only at the moment. But the system and all programs i tested works without problems. I had no crash for now.
I created test programs with Embarcadero Delphi and for this situation (compile on windows and remote debug on mac) it is far more comfortable as a real mac because i can control two systems with on mouse and one keyboard. I think, for a B4i this will be similar.
And the installation or update of Xcode is no problem, it's no difference to a real mac.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
While there is still a long way to go, according to the current plan a local Mac will not be required. There will be a cloud of Macs for the compilation.

During debugging a full compilation (remote compilation) will not be required. The debugger will be similar to the rapid debugger which allows updating the code without reinstalling the app.

MaFu

Licensed User
Longtime User
... according to the current plan a local Mac will not be required. There will be a cloud of Macs for the compilation.
But cloud compilation is not a must, a local mac (or virtual mac) can be used if available?

Osi

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is extremely great news. And I cannot wait till we can use local macs (I'm in Alaska, so we get very frequent power outages :( . Depending on the time line, I may not have to learn Swift after all!!

Euxaes

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh great, I have plans to develop on that platform too. I'm getting excited for this B4i in the works :D

RAJAN MBA

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't imagine how Erel is going to pull this off. How will he take care of Provisioning, testing on your registered iOS devices is something that will be interesting to see. However, having seen the prowess of B4A, I am fully confident that if any one can do it, it can only be Erel !:D

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Take a look at Xamarin, they don't need a Mac to compile anymore :) Would be nice if B4I could compile on Windows.

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think if you going to try and have any success with selling iOS apps then you will have to immerse yourself in the world of Mac anyway as the UX requires a lot more thought than many developers are giving their current works.

Status
Not open for further replies.