Android Tutorial ADeveloper - B4A tutorials

ADeveloper

Licensed User

ADeveloper

Licensed User

B4Xpages is one of the must have libraries in most of applications. instead of going from one activity to another activity ( which makes the application heavy for the phone ) you just go from one page to another page.

In this tutorial we are going to learn:
- why should I use b4xPages?
- how to go from one page to another one in b4xPages.

ADeveloper

Licensed User
I have been busy for last month and haven’t been uploading for about two months 😩
So I apologize for that and will do my best to upload a new video every two or three days in this month.
Please watch the new tutorial about B4Xpages:

Frame 9.jpg

B4Xpages is a wonderfull library and in following tutorial I will talk about transition animation and other techniques in B4Xpages.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@ADeveloper I subscribed to your channel 👍

Generally I do not subscribe to any YT channels as I do not get enough time to watch them. But I think 'subscribing' to your channel will help me more than I expect.

Thank you.

Regards,

Anand

ADeveloper

Licensed User
@ADeveloper I subscribed to your channel 👍

Generally I do not subscribe to any YT channels as I do not get enough time to watch them. But I think 'subscribing' to your channel will help me more than I expect.

Thank you.

Regards,

Anand

That is kind of you 🙏
B4X is very powerful and I hope I can show its power to others who don't know about it, by my tutorials.

how to make spleash screen by B4Xpages:
Frame 10.jpg

Last edited:

ADeveloper

Licensed User
Wouldn't it be better to put the animation inside the B4XPage_Appear event?
Check out here:

• B4XPage_Created - Called once when the page is created. This will happen before the page becomes visible or after a call to B4XPages.AddPageAndCreate.
  • B4XPage_Appear - Called whenever the page becomes visible.
B4XPage_Created is before the page becomes visible. so if you want to use the animation inside default events you should include it inside B4XPage_Created
It seems B4XPage_Appear is after that. This event will start once the page is already visible. so if you include the animation code there, you see a lind of blink on page.

I prefer separate event for animation, this way I can handle all animations in a shared module later ...

Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4XPages make the coding easier for you from different aspects.

Hello M, another good tutorial video from yourself, these videos should hopefully help lots of developers to transition more easily over to using B4XPages.

Just my 2 cents and not a criticism in any way shape or form. But even though this tutorial does what it's supposed to and does work as advertised, I would personally have done 2 extremely simple things differently.
  1. Instead of declaring Label1 as a Label through the designer, I would have declared Label1 as a B4XView (especially as you're using B4XPages).
  2. Instead of manually declaring the EditText as Dim in the code module, I would have declared it as Public (for obvious reasons).
You say that you hope that Erel fixes the Dim (from layout) to read Dim in code modules, I can see where you are coming from with that, but no. If Erel was going to change the Dim wording in the layout of the designer, I would say should that Dim should say 'Declare', as in Declare View as Label/EditText etc, or Declare View as B4XView. I personally think that declaring views from the layout should be left as Private (in the code modules) and not changed to Dim (which it used to be a few years ago).

Anyway, keep up the great work. I'm sure that your video tutorials will help to bring new developers to b4x.com.

I've just sent you a PM.

Cheers...

Last edited:

ADeveloper

Licensed User
Just my 2 cents and not a criticism in any way shape or form. But even though this tutorial does what it's supposed to and does work as advertised, I would personally have done 2 extremely simple things differently.
  1. Instead of declaring the Label1 as a Label through the designer, I would have declared it as an B4XView (especially as you're using B4XPages).
  2. Instead of manually declaring the EditText as Dim in the code module, I would have used Pubic (for obvious reasons).
Thank you very much 🙏 for watching my clips carfully while I know, you don't learn anything new from my clips and you are already a very good develper :D
you are right about those two points 👍