Android Tutorial B4A Beginners Guide

adex1

Licensed User
Longtime User

You are right I was just trying to populate the B4A. Any thanks

neri pongos

thank you for having this basic pdf tutorial i really need it badly, i cry just tonight because my teacher gave me an android project for thesis, thinking im going to make it to an eclipse ide and i cant imagine it .. thanks i found basicforandroid

RonC.

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know if this was mentioned before (tried to do a forum search), but on the top of page 43 of the PDF it states "Click on pnlKeyboard", I think it should read "Click on btnAction" and then change that Parent to pnlKeyboard. I'm new, but that was the only way I could get the same results...

RonC.

Licensed User
Longtime User
Found some more minor edits in Beginner's Guide. BTW, thanks for all the great work!

Part 3: Second Program

Page 49 - Image shows 5 occurrence(s) replaced ... When I did the example: 3 occurrence(s) replaced
Page 52 - Changed all the names from btnSender to Send without mentioning...​

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Page 49 - Image shows 5 occurrence(s) replaced ... When I did the example: 3 occurrence(s) replaced
Looking at MyFirstProgram there are 5 occurences,which will be replaced.
Page 52 - Changed all the names from btnSender to Send without mentioning...
Changed for the next edition.

Best regards and thank you.

SACERDAVE

Page 112
5.4.1.5 Scaling strategy
[...]
This is done with SetTopAndButton and SetLeftAndRight methods.

I think it should be SetTopAndBottom, as written some line after

joedarock

Licensed User
Longtime User
Klaus

What is the difference between the User's Guide and the Beginner's Guide? If I want a thorough printed documentation set, which one(s) should I print?

Joe

joedarock

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks

Seems like, if I want to make a thorough 'book', I should print and bind both together.

Joe

Fergus Cheng

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks very much with the Beginner's Guide, I used it to write my first successful program.

Is there any plan updating a new version to address the change on B4A V.5.02(1)? Thanks.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…