Other B4A v10.9 is available for download

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release a new version of B4A.

Improvements:
  • IDE performance - several cases where the typing speed became slow were fixed. The speed difference in those cases is significant.
  • B4A SdK Manager v4.0 - bug fixes and minor improvements. It is configured to download a specific set of Firebase libraries.
  • The additional resources package was updated. If you encounter any compilation issues, especially related to Firebase, then it is recommended to delete your current Android SDK and download a new one: https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html
  • FirebaseAdMob is deprecated and will not work with the updated resources. Google started to reject apps with the old user consent form in some cases. Time to switch to the new FirebaseAdMob2 library:
  • New private signing keys are created with the RSA algorithm, as required by Google.
  • The app bundle feature detects the key signing algorithm and will sign with the correct one. You can explicitly set the algorithm with #SignKeyAlgorithm but in most cases it is no longer required.
  • "after packager" custom build action step.
  • The bridge indicator in the bottom left corner shows the device name.
  • Copying of labels between B4A and B4i preserves the single line property (will work when pasting in B4i once a new version of B4i is released).
  • Add existing modules dialog - option to copy module(s) to parent folder.
  • New and updated internal libraries: XUI Views (2.50), X2 (2.0), Phone (2.51), XUI (2.1), FirebaseAdMob2 (2.13), B4XPreferencesDialog (1.73), OkHttpUtils2 (2.96), B4XPages (1.09), BCTextEngine (1.87), FirebaseAuth (2.01)
  • Recommended targetSdkVersion set to 30. Warning will appear if it is 28-.
  • Bug fixes and minor improvements.
Note that X2 v2.0 includes some breaking changes: [XUI2D] X2 v2.0 - 2021
The old X2 library is available here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-v10-9-beta-is-available-for-download.131515/#content

https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html

Chris160179

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

i renamed the B4A.exe file to B4A v10.9.exe and than i would like to cut & past the file to my server.
I get the following message by cut & paste .
copy detail.jpg

Here the file details:
file details.jpg

Is this normal?
I never get this message bevor.

THX
Chris

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why would you paste an image with important information in German here in the English forum? Do you assume everybody knows German, or do you simply think it's fine to require everybody to manually type the text into Google Translate?

Also: please don't direct your questions to a single user, it's a forum with lots of people.

Upvote 0

MikeSW17

Licensed User
If you mean this: "Recommended targetSdkVersion set to 30. Warning will appear if it is 28-."
I did it. I have the same error. So probably is another issue.

Specifically I meant the bit:
If you encounter any compilation issues, especially related to Firebase, then it is recommended to delete your current Android SDK and download a new one: https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html

So, yes you should download a new Android SDK as you are experiencing "compilation issues".

That's not to say It will definitely fix your issue, but until you've tried, your problem can't be followed much further.

*EDIT*
If your problem remains, best you start a new thread....

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Specifically I meant the bit:

So, yes you should download a new Android SDK as you are experiencing "compilation issues".

That's not to say It will definitely fix your issue, but until you've tried, your problem can't be followed much further.

*EDIT*
If your problem remains, best you start a new thread....

After the Android SDK download now the problem is solved :)

Upvote 0

DALB

Licensed User
Thanks for the job !

Upvote 0

meysampro

I will update the template in the next version.
hello
I generated a private sign key with B4A-10.7 a month ago, but I have not released my app yet.
Because in B4A-10.9 , private signing keys are created with the RSA algorithm

Is it better to generate a new private sign key with B4A-10.9 and then publish it????

Upvote 0

73Challenger

Licensed User
Newb question, apologies in advance.
Is it best to uninstall the previous version of the IDE and re-install the new one or simply install the new over the old.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

MikeSW17

Licensed User
Newb question, apologies in advance.
Is it best to uninstall the previous version of the IDE and re-install the new one or simply install the new over the old.
Thank you.
No, you don't need to uninstall the IDE before installing a new version (unless @Erel specifically says to in the release announcement)
But it is generally best practice (sometimes essential) to replace the required resources and Android SDK Command line tools folder contents, especially if you don't know reasons why you shouldn't!
Always read the release notes and https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html

Upvote 0