I'm happy to release B4A v8.80 BETA. This version includes a new type of libraries named b4x libraries. b4x libraries are made of B4X code modules, general files, layout files and a manifest file. b4x libraries can be cross platform and also have other advantages over the standard compiled libraries.
- b4x libraries: [new feature] b4x library - a new type of library
- Auto-backups: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/new-feature-auto-backups.100010
- Go to the code line directly from the logs: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...o-the-code-line-directly-from-the-logs.100090
- Intent.SetPackage method.
- Fix for wrong 'dip' scale issue that occurred in some edge cases.
- Canvas.RemoveClip works with targetSdkVersion = 28.
- Log correctly shows duplicate messages (relevant to Android 8+ devices).
- Updated internal libraries: FirebaseAuth v1.06, Camera2 v1.11, XUI2D v1.02, XUI v1.85, Core v8.80 and debug libs.
- Debugger improvements:
- Fix for issue where resumable sub could show the wrong value for a global variable.
- Fix for issue where the error message points to the wrong module.
- Other bug fixes and minor improvements.
More libraries will be distributed as b4x libraries in the future.
As this is a beta version you should make sure to backup your projects before loading them with the new version.
An email with installation instructions will be sent to all developers who are eligible for a free upgrade.
Thank you for your help!!!