Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
android-chrome-192x192.png

I'm happy to release B4A v8.80 BETA. This version includes a new type of libraries named b4x libraries. b4x libraries are made of B4X code modules, general files, layout files and a manifest file. b4x libraries can be cross platform and also have other advantages over the standard compiled libraries.

Improvements:

Currently OkHttpUtils2 is included as a b4x library. The jar file is also kept for backward compatibility.
More libraries will be distributed as b4x libraries in the future.

As this is a beta version you should make sure to backup your projects before loading them with the new version.

An email with installation instructions will be sent to all developers who are eligible for a free upgrade.

Thank you for your help!!!

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
תודה לוקה
אתה לא צריך להודות לי; זו בדיוק התחושה שלי!

@Erel and @LucaMs, This is the international part of the forum, PLEASE keep it in ENGLISH, even if it isn"t you primary language!
Our beloved Administrator, EREL, has provided sub-forums where you can express yourself in your primary language, if you like to.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did, there's 9 Thread PAGES! even more than my primary languare sub-forum!
Don't mistake "no new thread" with "no threads at all"! The last one is from November 12th!

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've released beta #2. There were several edge cases related to the new b4x libs feature which required a relatively large update. Please give beta #2 a try...
It is available in the same link as before.

The final version is planned to be released next week.

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've released beta #2. There were several edge cases related to the new b4x libs feature which required a relatively large update. Please give beta #2 a try...
It is available in the same link as before.

The final version is planned to be released next week.
Thanks, can you tell us what kind of problem so you can test in the specific?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the clickable log line links are very handy but I noticed that they don't work sometimes.

I didn't see a pattern as reason for it not to work.

Upvote 0

johndb

Licensed User
Longtime User
My issues related to "error parsing libraries, method of implementing is not supported" have been fixed in BETA #2 and I am able to compile without errors.
The log shortcuts; going to point in program after clicking a log entry doesn't work however.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
My issues related to "error parsing libraries, method of implementing is not supported" have been fixed in BETA #2 and I am able to compile without errors.
It is good though I don't remember that you reported it. Maybe I missed it.

The log shortcuts; going to point in program after clicking a log entry doesn't work however.
Where does the log come from? Do none of the arrow buttons work for your?

Upvote 0

johndb

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is good though I don't remember that you reported it. Maybe I missed it.
I was in the process of sorting out the Additional Libraries to resolve the problem before I reported it but BETA #2 corrected the problem

Where does the log come from? Do none of the arrow buttons work for your?
I reloaded the BETA #2 and the log links are now working correctly.

Thank you for this upgrade. It is very much appreciated!

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
avg refused the .exe. "send to AVG lab for further investigation"
It is a false positive because of it being a new file.

Note that there are cases where the log buttons will not work. For example if the log is printed from inside a b4x lib.
It should work if the code is in your project.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.