iOS Question B4i beta to be released next week

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The very first beta version of B4i will hopefully be released next week :)

B4i will produce native iOS applications running on iOS 7+.

The IDE is similar to B4A / B4J IDEs, which means that it is a Windows program.

In order to develop with B4i you need:
- One or more real devices (iPhone or iPad) running iOS 7+.
- Register as an Apple developer. It costs $99 per year.
- A network connected Mac computer. We will also offer a Mac builder rental service which you can use instead of a local Mac computer.

We are looking for beta testers to help us.

You need to have a real device and register as an Apple developer in order to test it.
Please send me an email to [email protected] if you want to join the beta testers group.

omidaghakhani1368

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh Erel you are best.i love you for your quest.
Erel i cannot buy mac user,then i cannot programming ios right?

Upvote 0

mrjaw

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I have a Virtual Machine Mac with Maverick running over VMware in my i3
The only problem is to buy the developer account but meanwhile I use only the emulator.
Mac over VMware
Ipad/Iphone

I am so excited!! I started to learn Swift and Objective-C ...

Upvote 0

TheMightySwe

Licensed User
Longtime User
What limitations can we expect with using B4A code in iOs development? I guess all serial communication will be hard or?

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

I can have an apple developer account, i have an ipad running 7+ but dont have a mac computer. Can you give little bit info about mac builder rental service ? how much does it cost etc. ?

Upvote 0

roddy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Erel
How many Libraries are not available in B4i ?
Like those Libraries : Parse, YouTube, SQL ....

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Some of the B4A libraries are based on features not available in iOS. For example: Serial, USB, UsbSerial, Admin, LiveWallpaper, NFC and probably others.

As a general rule, if you cannot implement your project without a specific feature that is currently not available then it is better to wait for this feature to be available, before you purchase B4i.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheMightySwe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there any way to be able to write conditions in the code so you can skip those features that is not availible if you compile to B4I?

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,
You are my hero.. Bravo and many congratulations.. you made my day.. it's 7:22AM now and just wakeup.
Only 10 minutes ago I submitted a patent application to USPTO and was so excited -now to receive another pleasant surprise
in the same morning I think this is a true blessing.
God bless.

One question:
Some of the B4A libraries are based on features not available in iOS. For example: Serial, USB, UsbSerial
Does that mean we can't communicate with the outside world by BT and asynchstreams? How about SMS and Email?

Upvote 0

TheMightySwe

Licensed User
Longtime User
What do you think about the posibilities to communicate with a Thermal Line Printer like the Star TSP-650II via BlueTooth?

It's "Apple MFi Certified" have no idea what that means.

Upvote 0