iOS Question B4i beta to be released next week

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The very first beta version of B4i will hopefully be released next week :)

B4i will produce native iOS applications running on iOS 7+.

The IDE is similar to B4A / B4J IDEs, which means that it is a Windows program.

In order to develop with B4i you need:
- One or more real devices (iPhone or iPad) running iOS 7+.
- Register as an Apple developer. It costs $99 per year.
- A network connected Mac computer. We will also offer a Mac builder rental service which you can use instead of a local Mac computer.

We are looking for beta testers to help us.

You need to have a real device and register as an Apple developer in order to test it.
Please send me an email to [email protected] if you want to join the beta testers group.

tuhatinhvn

Licensed User
Longtime User
If iphone is jailbreaked , can we install ipa without account apple??

Erel do you try it?

Anyway, i emailed to join tester group, excitinggggg ^^

Upvote 0

tuhatinhvn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't tried it and I don't know. Sorry.
Can you test 3 method I have read (but not tested) , IOS 7.x.x jailbreak is easily so i think developer can test app before buy an apple dev account

Method 1:

Open folder
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.0.sdk/ (or 6.0-7.0,....)
Move this file to desktop to edit:

SDKSettings.plist

Open this file by Xcode, change Value CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED to NO and save, move to old folder /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.0.sdk/ (or 6.0-7.0,....)

Open project and change value in Code Signing Identify to Don't Code Sign

Done ->Build and have IPA to install on jailbreak Iphone

Method 2:

+ build release
+ Make folder Payload on your desktop
+ View on folder build of your project copy file .app
+ paste into folder Payload on your desktop
+ compress this payload folder
+ rename it to yourapp.ipa

Method 3:
+ Use Jailcoder to patch Xcode project

NOte:
This IPA want to run on iPhone, your phone must Jailbreak and install AppSync from Cydia

Any one can try it and confirm, if ok we will not buy developer account to test app in iphone

Upvote 0

JohnD

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel's skill and dedication on this and other app development tools completely amazes me. Unfortunately, like other developers my current workload won't allow me to take advantage of what I am sure will be the best state-of-the-art iPhone development platform - b4i, in the near future. Alas, unlike Erel, my genetics limit me to an Earthling's mental capacity ;). That said, I look forward to using b4i sometime in the near future. I'm going to try to shorten the time line by increasing my mental capacity by using: brain games, meditation, and limited experimental exposure to kryptonite.

Upvote 0

Reviewnow

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is exciting news ,
Question: I develop non public business applications for our clients will this still be possible and not publish to apple?

Upvote 0

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is exciting news ,
Question: I develop non public business applications for our clients will this still be possible and not publish to apple?
Hi, answer already said, with an Apple dev. licence, you can install on 100 devices

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sorry but I cannot help with questions about jailbroken devices or virtual Macs.

It will be available excel library?
The currently available libraries are listed here: http://www.b4x.com/b4i/documentation.html

I don't know whether an Excel library will be available or not in the future. B4A / B4J Excel library is based on an open source Java project.

Upvote 0

chaiwatt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just my personal opinion, Android market is bigger than iOS in many reasons, It'll be great if you can make better B4A optional e.g. advance theme, graphic, design, game tools. I beleive that you can sell these resorce for existing customer as well, B4i make may take long time to settle.

Upvote 0

maleche

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is GREAT news!
Android, iOS, any plans to revisit PC to cover more devices!
Great work!

Upvote 0

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I'm planning my Mac purchase. The problem is I have essentially zero Apple experience.

Earlier in this thread I see the recommendations for a 2012+ Mac Mini. The lowest cost looks like an i5 model, Apple Mac Mini MD387LL/A.

A couple of basic questions:

Support for keyboard: I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard that has a USB dongle. Will this most likely work with the Mac if I plug the USB dongle to one of the rear Mac USB ports?

Monitor: I have a monitor with both DVI and HDMI inputs. Does the HDMI output on the rear of the Mac provide the display output that could be plugged into my monitor's HDMI input?

Barry.

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Apple has just released new Mac Mini devices.
Just wondering would the 1.4GHz Mac mini model be powerful enough for B4i ?

1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
4GB memory
500GB hard drive1
Intel HD Graphics 5000
OS X Yosemite

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
any plans to revisit PC to cover more devices!
B4J supports desktop applications.

About the Mac, you can wait for the purchase if you like and rely on the Mac rental service in the meantime.

Wil it support old IOS devices like IOS 5 or IOS6?
No. Only iOS 7+.

Any Mac that runs Xcode 6 should be fine. The hardware requirements for the compilation are pretty low.

Upvote 0