Other B4J v7.31 is available for download

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4J v7.31.

Improvements:
  • Faster compilations. More resources can be reused between compilations. This makes following compilations much faster.
  • Bookmarks and breakpoints are listed in the modules tree:

SS-2019-02-26_13.11.17.png

• Auto backup improvements:
    • Project is saved before backup, based on the auto save option.
    • Project name added to the backup file.
    • The project folder is configurable (AutoBackupFolder in the ini file).
  • Warning for unused parameters in private, non-event, subs.
  • Additional library folder can be configured with a B4X folder for cross platform libraries: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-additional-libraries-folder.103165/
  • #Event declarations appear in the autocomplete list.
  • Fix for a long standing issue that caused scope changes of global variables to not always be detected.
  • Other bug fixes and minor improvements.

The full version can be downloaded here: https://www.b4x.com/b4j.html

Last edited:

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just tried 7.31 installation (upgrading from working 6.51).
I can observe the following:
- jCore (6.80)
- JFx (6.50)
- opening Tools/path (it shows correctly "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_201\bin\javac.exe") and clicking OK after no modification at all an error message shows ("Input string format not valid"); same when filling the Additonal Lib field)
- Tool/IDE options let me change language and/or theme, but exiting the IDE and loading it again shows the default selections (different from the ones I had in B4J 6.51)

Update: disinstalled 7.31, installed again from the admin account. Same problems. When 7.31 is disinstalled version 6.51 starts with its correct and personalized settings

udg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just tried 7.31 installation (upgrading from working 6.51).
I can observe the following:
- jCore (6.80)
- JFx (6.50)
- opening Tools/path (it shows corectly "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_201\bin\javac.exe") and clicking OK after no modification at all an error message shows ("Input string format not valid"); same when filling the Additonal Lib field)
- Tool/IDE options let me change language, but exiting the IDE and loading it again shows the initial selection

udg
I have C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_66\bin\javac.exe and none of those two problems

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
SOLVED!
It was an aggresive setting from my firewall that isolated the installer in a containment area.

Upvote 0

Brandsum

Licensed User
Getting this following error while using ControlsUtils (jControlFX9) ShowNotification method. I'm using Oracle Java 8 as per instructions https://www.b4x.com/b4j.html
B4X:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/controlsfx/glyphfont/GlyphFont has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 53.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

[Solved] jControlFX works fine.

Upvote 0

ludogomez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have setup my B4J library folder in "C:\librairies-b4j" and B4J don't save this settings. It always keep "c:\".

How can I setup my library folder ?

Thanks

Upvote 0

ludogomez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I reboot my PC. I have the same problem.
B4J can't save my settings.
Do you know where this settings are store ?

Thanks

Upvote 0