Other B4J v7.80 is available for download!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This update adds support for copying and pasting layouts between the three platforms. This is an important feature that will make it simpler to build cross platform applications.

Improvements:

• Support for copying and pasting controls between the platforms: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-sharing-layouts-between-platforms.109296/#content

tSMBhiL6kb.gif

• Ctrl + Click in the designer script to select the control.
  • Anchors checker: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/new-feature-anchors-checker.108805/
  • Generate B4XViews from the designer. Also supports changing the type of already declared variables.
  • Improved tool tips, add views from the views tree and other small improvements and bug fixes in the designer.
  • Empty lines will not be copied to the clipboard.
  • Regions are listed in the subs list:

B4J_6io3ytX4jb.png

B4J download link: www.b4x.com/b4j.html

Last edited:

MicroDrie

Licensed User
After installation of the B4J version 7.80 I notice two things:

1) With the out-of-the-box KVS Cloud application I start the B4J Client in Debug mode. Then when I start the Non-UI server application (console / server application) it seems that the B4J 7.80 IDE try to to start the UI. The message appears :(:
Waiting for debugger to connect ...
shell switching to alternate port: 9054
shell switching to alternate port: 9055

After the timeout period, the server version is stopped. Creating and started the jar file version of the B4J KVS client and starting the server version of the KVS cloud solution everything works as a charm.;)

2) The B4J version 6.80 claims the whole vertical screen height and is not respecting the height of the Task bar in contrast to the B4A IDE version 9.50:(.

Let me immediately use the opportunity to say that I think the possibility to copy IDE elements between the designers of B4A and B4J is fantastic.:)

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
I've gotten used to all sorts of weird things in Windows. I do press the windows key, you have more important things to do.
upload_2019-9-12_13-57-44.png

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
In my Dutch version the fast search function works with the recent Java jdk1.8.0_201 version.
upload_2019-9-15_12-34-58.png

Upvote 0

keirS

Licensed User
Longtime User
I really really don't like that. I have a dual screen setup. My main screen is the code window and all the other dockable windows are on the second screen. Seems very counter intuitive to enter a search term on one monitor and have results turn up on another.

Upvote 0