B4J Virus/Malware issues

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It doesn't matter on whose behalf you are working, the application is immediately quarantined as soon as you copy it to your hard drive. For example, if you try to write a font to the Fonts folder during installation, the application immediately gets quarantined, because the Fonts folder is located in the Windows folder. And if you just save a font in your catalog and the user has to install this font himself, then the application does not get quarantined.
@vmag So, I guess the only thing you can do is to sign the exe... did you try to create a personal sign certificate... at least not quarantine when copied to the system ?

vmag

@vmag So, I guess the only thing you can do is to sign the exe... did you try to create a personal sign certificate... at least not quarantine when copied to the system ?
I just don't need it, I'm more of a tester than a developer.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
:) - I was talking general... from those i ve alredy tested:

- When app running as administrator (elevated), after passing smartscreen and any cert check... it can copy/save at root folders... or into program files... and edit registry too

But here the prob starts when running in debug mode... so will be nice to know... if right click the b4j.exe and checking "run as admin" will work for @james_sgp

Also if bulding standalone exe, if using a personal signed cert (created local) if will minimize the possibility to deleted by antivirus...

never knows...