B4w(indows phones) what do you say?

Would you purchase b4w(indows8) ?

• Total voters

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am in for any new b4x product. But please what could be the advantage because we already have the b4j ?
And we can already wrap the jar into an exe

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Windows Phone + cash for developers.
All users of windows phone want app, developers dont want to make this, good chance to make money.
And a good chance to make anywhere software more important, windows, ios and android :eek:

And yes, exist a lot of IDE to work on windows phone, visual studio etc..
but the easy is b4W, exist a lot of IDE for android Too, but the most easy and good its b4a.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry but I don't like the idea. There're many B4x products for Erel to maintain. In my opinion, since B4i released B4Android and B4J are slowly updated. What if there was new B4W? Erel is great/excellent/incredible but he's not a machine or time traveller.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Windows Phone market share is just too small for Erel to even bother about at the moment. Once (if) Windows Phone market shares reaches a nice big percentage value (lets say 25% to 30%), then maybe Erel will spend the time creating B4W.

Current Windows Phone shares in Europe is about 10.1% as of Q2 2015...

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Windows Phone market share is just too small for Erel to even bother about at the moment. Once (if) Windows Phone market shares reaches a nice big percentage value (lets say 25% to 30%), then maybe Erel will spend the time creating B4W.

... also, the power of B4X is that it simplifies the development of the apps, compared with native languages of the other systems.
This would not be true with Windows.

D

Deleted member 103

if we wait until the market is larger then might be too late for us already.;)

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Additional to that we already have a B4Windows 8. It is called B4J :D

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry but I don't like the idea. There're many B4x products for Erel to maintain. In my opinion, since B4i released B4Android and B4J are slowly updated. What if there was new B4W? Erel is great/excellent/incredible but he's not a machine or time traveller.

hi susu, I don't agree with you, I think erel updates release are to high, almost every 3 month new update and I think he will anyway need assistants in his company so if he will have more clients he will grow with them and everything will run smooth.

that means that less developers are interested in this market and that will give you a good opportunity to sell your apps for those 10% (i guess 10% are few million users) and don't forget that almost every home has 1 pc (or more, i got 4 windows pc and 1 mac) so windows is still in this business and they don't sleep, i believe they will cover much more with new products and win10. people are always looking for something new and windows phone are normally much cheaper then ios/android phones, and your apps can also run on every windows notebook that runs windows 8/10 so your apps will not be only for windows phones, also for tablets and notebooks.

... also, the power of B4X is that it simplifies the development of the apps, compared with native languages of the other systems.
This would not be true with Windows.

you have lot of other great tools outside so b4x is not only a great tool its more the support you get. i don't know any forum where people spent their time to create libs/full project and share them for free, so basically erel (anywhere software) not only offer great development tools they also offer great support!!
and btw develop desktop apps for windows i prefer VB then b4j but to make windows phones apps you cannot do with VB!

if we wait until the market is larger then might be too late for us already.

+1 , you are correct filippo!!

You should edit the title to make it clear that you are asking about Windows Phone (which is not the same as Windows 8).

sorry erel you are right i changed the title but cannot change the "Question"

Additional to that we already have a B4Windows 8. It is called B4J

my mistake, meant windows phones/tablets...

ohhh .... then I have to change my avatar.....

i like your new avatar :D

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree with @Peter Simpson .

When I google for "mobile share q2 2015" I get this as first page > http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp

there it says Windows only has 2.7% covered. (not sure if it is right, but who does know the right figures?)

Erel has already covered 96% of the market for us.

from the link you post i see that ios only has 5x more sells then Microsoft, so now it sounds much better then 2.7% :D

i can live with the fact that i am developing an app that will reach only 50 million users :D
http://winsupersite.com/windows-phone/windows-phone-device-stats-january-2014

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
erel also has b4ppc that is for OLD windows phones so maybe small changes will make it b4w, but maybe i am wrong i have no clue whats the difference between those OS are.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Mornin' Ilan,

I never checked it either but I guess it's all .NET WPF based so you'll need Visual Studio's compiler to build the exe's.

also notice that you have RTM versions of phones and tablets aswell which are cheaper but only run some specific kind of apps (M$ only apps?)

When I look around at work, family etc I only know 3 people who have a Win phone.

2 of them got it because they could get it cheap with a renewal of mobile subscription but regretted it already.

the other one is my chief at work and prefers windows above android/ios although he nags that most of the apps don't even exist for it.

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, because:

1) Erel will never develop b4W, I think :D
2) Windows will always have a limited slice of the market
3) MS tools for Windows Mobile will always be excellent

Windows Mobile is gaining traction in the corporate sector. Our company have had to develop or mobile apps for windows phone 8.1 to keep our customers happy. As much as it it a pain to have deal with learning windows phone dev environment it mustbe done, and I think we will see B4w in the future.