B4w(indows phones) what do you say?

Would you purchase b4w(indows8) ?

• Total voters

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you answered to me:
but to make windows phones apps you cannot do with VB!

I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone (VB.Net).
I don't know if today there are similar tools.

(my first test, 3 years ago, at least)
upload_2015-6-16_9-20-22.png

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There isn't any technical relation between Pocket PC / Windows Mobile and Windows Phone.
Than make the relation :)

I belive you can do it, 2 years ago people ask for b4i and i remember how it was imposible at that time and now b4i is part of our daily life.

Please erel, consider this. we will help you, if you need someone to clean your pc monitor i can do it :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If there are tools like that, Erel will not create B4W, I think
I agree but the tools are much more complex i tried visual studio 2012 and its far not like what you have post

If vb 2010 would make also for new windows phone i would not have create this thread

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
If there are tools like that, Erel will not create B4W, I think

Erel runs a business, his business model is about recurring revenue. As windows phone gains traction there will become a point where his company deploy a tool that enables developers create apps in a faster way then what is currently out there. To prove this point, why create B4i, B4A when there are existing tools to do this. On iOS you need to learn objective C, on android Java, what Erel has done is simplified the process, and I believe that that is the reason for his success. Simplicity will always win over complexity.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe in the future. Currently with a share of %2.7 I don't think that it is worth the (huge) efforts required to build and maintain such product. It is better to concentrate on the existing products.

As I see it an extension of B4J to support mobile clients (JavaScript) is more interesting. Something similar to Google GWT.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe in the future. Currently with a share of %2.7 I don't think that it is worth the (huge) efforts required to build and maintain such product. It is better to concentrate on the existing products.

As I see it an extension of B4J to support mobile clients (JavaScript) is more interesting. Something similar to Google GWT.

2.7% are 50 million users thats something and we are talking only about windows phones but like in android your app runs on tablet too also when you creat an app for windows phone you can install it on any pc that runs windows8+ from the market like i install on my dell so now we are talking about bilion users i guess

Almost every home got a windows pc or tablet and windows no longer support win xp and i think also win7 they want people to install win8+ so its much much more than 2.7%

Think about it. And better be the first, i think now its the best time to do it, dont miss the chance to be on first place

NOW ALL TOGETHER WE WANT WE WANT B4W....

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is the WinPhone market so small because there are not enough apps?

B4W could address that problem. I have clients waiting for ports of my apps to WinPhone.

B4W could be a big catalyst in increasing the market share of WinPhone.

Ok, the market is small now but there is very big potential to grow.

I see a big opportunity, especially by getting in early, not only for Erel and Anywhere Software, but for us developers too.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wonder how many people actually use that Market on a normal PC. I guess only kids know their way to it for free games.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is the WinPhone market so small because there are not enough apps?

This is very likely. In addition, the reputation of the stability of Windows compared to Linux ones, did not help.

Has Google+ done flop because there is Facebook?

However:
1) poor market for Windows Phone;
2) MS tools for Windows Phone are powerful (the picture I posted, as you see, is like B4A 5 ;)).

Often I'm wrong, but this time I do not think.

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems the B4 IDE is going to be common across all platforms, the syntax to be mostly common too. So at some point, (after bug fixes ;) ), most of the work is creating new features and libraries, which hopefully, would also be common across platforms.

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
download visual studio 2012 and try to make a complete app...

I bought a Win8 laptop and installed VStudio for exactly this purpose. That was about 6 weeks ago. I have produced nothing. In that time I could have ported my most complex app, if B4W existed.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had the same experience MikeH :(
I also tried vb2010 like lucaMs posted and there it was really easy to do but you don't have any old windows phones today we need something for the new windows phones

I think because today this market is still weak our apps could be really popular when the market will get strong in few years (or maybe less)
developers invest more on ios and android and ignore windows market, that's a good reason to start thinking of windows market.

android market is full of stupid apps, every kid that has 25$ (or his parent have those 25$) can develop for android phones
that's why you find stupid apps like flappy biber,...

and your apps get lost in this chaos. its very hard to make any profit with android or ios (if they approve your apps of course)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have also VS 2012 but Express. I think that it does not allow the development for windows phone, if I remember well.

no it does not Its like vb 2010,2008,.. only 2012
only for pc, I very like VB2010 express you can make really great software with it but its not compatible with the windows market.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Express 2013 for Windows
You can use the tools in Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows to create innovative and compelling Windows Phone and Windows Store apps on Windows 8.1. The tools include a full-featured code editor, a powerful debugger, a focused profiler, and rich language support that you can use to build apps that you write in HTML5/JavaScript, C++, C#, or Visual Basic.

[I can't try, it requires Windows 8.1 and I have win7 - but I do not want to develop for windows phone :D]