Beta [B4X] BETAs: B4J v7.80, B4A v.9.50 and B4i v6.00

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The three tools are being updated together. This update adds support for copying and pasting layouts between the three platforms. This is an important feature that will make it simpler to build cross platform applications.

Improvements:

• Support for copying and pasting controls between the platforms:

tSMBhiL6kb.gif

• Ctrl + Click in the designer script to select the control.
  • Anchors checker: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/new-feature-anchors-checker.108805/
  • Generate B4XViews from the designer. Also supports changing the type of already declared variables.
  • Improved tool tips, add views from the views tree and other small improvements and bug fixes in the designer.
  • Empty lines will not be copied to the clipboard.
  • Regions are listed in the subs list:

B4J_6io3ytX4jb.png

B4A only improvements:
  • Automatic foreground mode: better handling of several edge cases.
  • B4A Sdk Manager: temp folder is explicitly set by the IDE and fixes related to temporary resources cleaning.
  • Visual designer: Color property now includes the alpha channel. Simpler to use and behaves the same as in B4i and B4J.
  • New designer version. You will be asked to install it when B4A-Bridge connects.
  • FirebaseAdMob v1.60 - There are new requirements. See this post: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/firebaseadmob-v1-6.108552/#content
  • FirebaseAnalytics v1.11 - Includes the manifest definitions for FirebaseDatabase.

B4J beta download link: https://www.b4x.com/b4j/files/beta.exe
B4A download link: mail will be sent today, to developers eligible for free upgrade.
B4i download link: mail will be sent to developers eligible for free upgrade.

Last edited:

MicroDrie

Licensed User
After upgrading to the new B4A Version 9.50 Beta I cannot longer successfully compile existing or new source files on my Windows 8.1 workstation with Bridge version v2.55.

B4A Versie: 9.50 BETA #1
Java Versie: 8
Controleren code. (0.02s)
Building folders structure. (0.04s)
Compileren code. (0.03s)
Compileren weergaven code. (0.00s)
Bibliotheken organiseren. (0.00s)
(AndroidX SDK)
Generating R file. (0.00s)
Compileren foutopsporing code. (0.01s)
Compileren gegenereerde Java code. (0.01s)
Convert byte code - optimized dex. (1.83s)
Packaging files. (0.25s)
Copying libraries resources (5.31s)
Found 5 resource files.
Signing package file (debug key). (6.65s)
ZipAlign file. (0.05s)
Installeren van het bestand op het apparaat. Error
Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden​

Error still exist after clean files, clean project and clean B4A Bridge memory and cash for earlier successful program sources.

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
Hello Erel
Super good fault diagnosis, after I followed your advice, everything worked as usual. Thank you very much!

Upvote 0

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the update.
I've tested the copy / paste function between programs, it works very well.

The "check anchor" function works well, but I think some anchor bullets have disappeared? I'm missing the top bullets? (Bottom, left /right bullets work)
bullets.PNG

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do we will have a FirebaseDatabase native lib?
Might be in the future. I think that the current library available does work.

The "check anchor" function works well, but I think some anchor bullets have disappeared? I'm missing the top bullets? (Bottom, left /right bullets work)
Top and left anchored views always didn't show these white circles. It sounds a bit strange but it was done for performance reasons based on tests with many controls. I will recheck it...

Upvote 0

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Top and left anchored views always didn't show these white circles
Yes, you're right, I never noticed it, but now that you say it... We only see them when anchor left+right and top+bottom.
thanks

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmmm... This B4A update now gives me reason to download B4J too.
As developing and checking views in B4J is much more easy and simpler than in Android.
And then just copy paste. Yahoo !!

Regards,

Anand

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
As developing and checking views in B4J is much more easy and simpler than in Android.
This is true. Complex solutions such as BitmapCreator, X2 games framework, BCTextEngine and others would have taken much longer to develop if B4J was not used for the "core" development.

Upvote 0

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the update Erel.

It would be helpful on our eyes if line errors in designer scripts highlighted in a bright color. Presently the color is very close to the normal color and hard to see.

Thanks...

Upvote 0

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
Small issue related to copy / paste. In the designer, click in the variant code to put it into script mode. Then click a blank spot in the visual designer area. Click Ctrl-A to select all. Select Crtl-C to copy. Then try Ctrl-V to paste in another designer window. Doesn't seem to copy. Works fine of course if it's not in script mode.

Upvote 0