Bug? B4X - msg windows (still) everywhere

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Perhaps because, if I remember well, you write from right to left ? (This because it doesn't work like described on my computer)

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry @Erel not by me too : clicking on the new window doesn't make it disappear. I have to go back to the old window and move the cursor for that

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry @Erel not by me too : clicking on the new window doesn't make it disappear. I have to go back to the old window and move the cursor for that

Here the same.

If u do it like i wrote in the post above the popup will stay until you go from the left side of b4x ide.

You can resize also in the y axis and move your mouse outside b4j window and popup will stay even if you are in another window.

I need to mention that i am using 2 monitors!
I move the ide to the other monitor after popup appears.

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can reproduce this error in B4A (Win 7). It happens when you pass over a keyword in B4A but B4A is NOT the active app and never becomes active. The hover text opens and remains open on top of any other window you might move over it. I had seen this before but it is not enough of an issue for me to be annoying because my screens and work habits rarely have me passing over open code if I am not going to work on it.

dagnabitboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can reproduce it with b4a or b4j on my windows 10 64 bit machine reliably. When I hover over a keyword and the window is active the hint message comes up as expected. Moving the mouse to the left or up the hint disappears almost immediately. Moving the mouse to the right or down requires about 2 inches of mouse travel (on my screen) before the hint disappears. Now, if you have another window open and active that covers this two inch travel distance then the hint stays on the screen when you move the mouse over to the new window. It's 100% repeatable. The mouse position is no longer being reported to the b4a or b4j program, instead the mouse position is being reported to the active overlapping window. The hint stays on the screen because b4a thinks the mouse is still within the distance that keeps the hint on the screen. If the measuring distance can be reduced it will minimize the problem. Hope this helps!!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can reproduce this error in B4A (Win 7). It happens when you pass over a keyword in B4A but B4A is NOT the active app and never becomes active. The hover text opens and remains open on top of any other window you might move over it. I had seen this before but it is not enough of an issue for me to be annoying because my screens and work habits rarely have me passing over open code if I am not going to work on it.
It also happens here.

The tooltips drawings is done by a third party library. I will check it with them.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I forgot to mention this but I think it's there already since v5 and the new(er) IDE.

just hover and press alt-tab and it's stuck there in most cases.