B4X Open Source Software (B.O.S.S.)

Do you want to contribute/participate ?

• Not good for B4X, such a move... (explain why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
One of the ideas I have had for as long time but I have waited for 'hooks' with the B4X IDE's.
Something like a .NET's NuGet package manager.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OKay...

I must say something "here" before "go" to a next-level thing and because i feel will save us hours of talking and non-sense fight-chats.

In this Team there is no big boss - B.O.S.S. is just a name from first lettes (B4X Open Source Software) - but none of members has the management... sure some time will need one... but for start is just a team of Friend-Members-no-Rushing for everything.... (we have years... i hope)

As I mentioned we need hands - eyes - brains - may be some time... but also need to see the prospects and who will take parts of code. So many members of B4X - that they are Experts, Super-Programmers, Great Guys, even new members (Licensed) are all Wecome...

but the main here is the coding part... so...
As team members, we need to respect each other. Just some basic requirements and anyone is welcome to negotiate. Overall, we hope everyone is happy working on this project. (aeric words)
Is not only the coding style but the commitment given by the members of the team. Each member may have different skills.

The reason I am asking at PM some questions (sometimes it isn't because i don't know the member) - is to see general member profile, if like sharing (so will be a good member), the way of Coding and what likes to code, so asking some links with snippets already shared... - also asking for member's ideas/opinions..

As for management of the Team will decide all together, when more members contribute/participate. for first we must "target" at our skills and what will be nice for all...

So yes, we need members - but members will help us...

* Also... for our communication using WhatsApp (Selected from September - not using too) - but is something we already started there... so will need phone no / email at private discussion
* And ofcourse we ve started use GitHub...

Last edited:

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
..my friend rabbitBUSH said me something that i didn't know... and feel somehow bad... because we also had in Greece sames problems with "political regime" before 1974...

I have to say that the selection of name was just first letters and it was so fast... we wanted about 5 minutes..
I am sharing here - what he said.... (and as always he has right)

...For a South African of a certain era joining this could be a scary thing to do since BOSS was the organ of state security during the height of the Apartheid years. I had several friends who fell foul of that organisation and once or twice thought I felt the pressure of eyes behind me walking in our university town at night.

Funny how simple and unassumingly innocent things can just drag stuff out of one's memory and roll those mental movies once again......

Ofcourse rabbitBUSH is a great guy and holds no grudge (i hope)

The name doesn't means anything for me is just letters... I hope I don't upset other people...

when more people will come to this open source team... will have "democratic" vote for the name too...

* but if someone feel that this name is BAD for our Memories please "delete B.O.S.S." (only the name... replace it with stars) it now! - i don;t want to be the black "sheep"...

Happy New Year !
Hope all the world have peace !

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
and feel somehow bad...
NAH - don't have to feel that way AT ALL.
Ofcourse rabbitBUSH is a great guy and holds no grudge (i hope)
Not a chance would I hold a grudge against anyone on this forum - maybe on TWITFACE (sorry x-FACE) or Truth Social or something else I don't subscribe to .. Not this one.

BOSS is Fine - or we might have to go with S>S>O>B (something like what happens to me when I try to program things in machine code (Assembler) about which Google just told me:
"01100110 00001010. This binary sequence represents an instruction that tells the computer to add two numbers together."

BEST wishes with the endeavour @Magma . . .

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay... Team is getting bigger and stronger...

Ofcourse we need more members... so for those vote positive - please check your PM, have a fast - simple conversation... and jump into our team..

We ve already using as team:

- WhatsApp
- Discord
- Github

Do not forget... this is something will make us better...