Android Question [B4X]PreferenceDialog items' height

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
using FormsBuilder we can prepare a json file suitable for use by PreferenceDialog. But what if items needs to be "taller" than default height in order to fully show their text?
I mean, I have a boolean yes/no switch. Its explanatory text is somewhat long (a couple of text lines). Standard PD shows only partially given text. What to do?
I know about the explanation item, but having a bunch of them to overcome the limited default space for simple booleans doesn't seems to be ideal.

Should I access the underlying CLV to alter those panels height? Is there any "automatically adjust the height" setting buried somewhere?

Another option is obviously to design from scratch a proper layout, but I liked the idea of FB+PD working together to prepare and show in no time a simple survey.
Let me know if I simply missed the obvious or if the great couple is yet in its infancy so it could be well suited for really simple tasks but not for a more complex one.

TIA

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe it will be easier to attach the generated json. Just change its extension to "json" and add it to your PrefDialog example with a 300,400 initialization like:
B4X:
prefdialog.Initialize(Activity, "Covid-19 self evaluation", 300dip, 400dip)
As said I could act on the internal CLV's panels but I guess it will be easier to compose the whole survey in a more "traditional" way.

ps: for those who can read Italian, I know there are a lot of syntax errors..I was just curious to see in no time how it appeared on my old smartphone
pps: using FB+PD it took me about 15 minutes from start to finish

Attachments

• covid19.pdf
    3.3 KB · Views: 270
Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please find attached a screenshot as per your request
BTW, same json used in B4j (600 x ??) shows ok. That's because there's more horizontal space so those labels come in full view.

ps: didn't use before; screenshot from IDE is really nice. Thank you

Attachments

• c19.png
    c19.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 349
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Code to increase the height of boolean items:
B4X:
Dim sf As Object = p.ShowDialog(d, "OK", "CANCEL")
 p.CustomListView1.AnimationDuration = 0
For i = 0 To p.PrefItems.Size - 1
    Dim pi As B4XPrefItem = p.PrefItems.Get(i)
    If pi.ItemType = p.TYPE_BOOLEAN Then
        p.CustomListView1.ResizeItem(i, 70dip)
        Dim pnl As B4XView = p.CustomListView1.GetPanel(i)
        pnl.Height = pnl.Parent.Height
        pnl.GetView(0).Height = pnl.Height - 20dip
        pnl.GetView(1).Top = 20dip
    End If
Next
Wait For (sf) Complete (Result As Int)

Upvote 0